Melbourne
Jim Wood wrote:

Is it possible to edit the copy accompanying an upload before it goes live? I clicked again on the upload button, but it doesn't seem to take me to the post.

Thanks in advance!

If you go to your profile and click the link for your latest track, you can edit the text in there.

Schwerin I'm afraid

Is classical music OK to post when it's not copyrighted anymore? Like lute pieces from the 1500s? I'd see that as a cover version. It's not an original composition, though. Would that be OK to post?

NL
colorful grey wrote:

Is classical music OK to post when it's not copyrighted anymore? Like lute pieces from the 1500s? I'd see that as a cover version. It's not an original composition, though. Would that be OK to post?

Yes.

Schwerin I'm afraid
Devieus wrote:
colorful grey wrote:

Yes.

Thanks!

Melbourne

I came across a discussion I had on facebook in 2014 about samples for WB entries, regarding the Seinfeld music.

Considering the Seinfeld theme almost exclusively uses sounds from the Alesis HR-16B and Korg M1, would it count as copyright infringement if I used the same sound set (ie. if I actually used Korg M01D and a HR-16B), but with my own melodic content?

Last edited by 0F (January 16, 2016 1:55 pm)

NL
Pselodux wrote:

I came across a discussion I had on facebook in 2014 about samples for WB entries, regarding the Seinfeld music.

Considering the Seinfeld theme almost exclusively uses sounds from the Alesis HR-16B and Korg M1, would it count as copyright infringement if I used the same sound set (ie. if I actually used Korg M01D and a HR-16B), but with my own melodic content?

No. Not on the part of Seinfeld, probably not Korg/Alesis either. Unless there's a big similarity to the theme, there's no problem.

Schwerin I'm afraid

Alright I have another copyright question... I used a melody from the 1950s I think. I then re-harmonized it, which is my original work and certainly makes it sound quite a bit different. The melody has been published widely in German folk song books, so much so that it's considered a folk song.

... what do you think, OK to submit here?

hi! quick question about what constitutes as permission. Can I use a beat i paid for or got from the producer personally?

NL
LiliannaAlejandro wrote:

hi! quick question about what constitutes as permission. Can I use a beat i paid for or got from the producer personally?

Imagine copyright being something you can hold in your hands, like a stack of wood; did you pay/got a block of wood, or did you just get to look at it?

colorful grey wrote:

Alright I have another copyright question... I used a melody from the 1950s I think. I then re-harmonized it, which is my original work and certainly makes it sound quite a bit different. The melody has been published widely in German folk song books, so much so that it's considered a folk song.

... what do you think, OK to submit here?

This would fall under fair use law, which is per case and requires an actual judge. The best I can give you is the likelihood it's fair use (it's pretty likely). In that regard it's like a quantum state, it's both legal and not, until you check it.

Last edited by Devieus (February 7, 2016 2:28 pm)

UK

Is it possible to change your upload for the week before the deadline ends? If not, that would be a good idea cos I find myself wanting to make last minute edits (this time I was having power cuts so to be safe I uploaded it earlier than preferred)
I'm scared to click the "remove item" button in case it removes it and doesn't allow me to upload another.

****EDIT: sorry looked in the help section more thoroughly - found it

Last edited by Abludo (February 7, 2016 11:38 pm)

Canberra, Australia

Hey, my name is Lachlan Ingham a.k.a Whelve & I am trying to submit a song to start off the year but the problem is, when I click the plus button on the calendar to upload nothing happens. It doesn't seem to be working. Ok never mind this issue, just read that uploads are allowed starting tomorrow lol.

Last edited by Whelve (January 1, 2018 12:52 am)

Los Angeles
Whelve wrote:

Hey, my name is Lachlan Ingham a.k.a Whelve & I am trying to submit a song to start off the year but the problem is, when I click the plus button on the calendar to upload nothing happens. It doesn't seem to be working. Ok never mind this issue, just read that uploads are allowed starting tomorrow lol.

You started early. You should of just now started making a song. wink

Lexington, KY

Is there a restriction on whether or not we can release WeeklyBeats uploads on our project pages (Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc)?

Los Angeles
ATKstat wrote:

Is there a restriction on whether or not we can release WeeklyBeats uploads on our project pages (Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc)?

Oh we missed that one. Nice catch! I just added this to the FAQ...

› Can I upload my music to another website?

Kansas City

Is the Facebook "Like" button on an individual track's page supposed to do something? When i click, a blank popup appears and then immediately disappears and nothing has happened on my Facebook.

Santa Fe, NM

Can you edit typos in the comments?