adelaide

Seems like there are heaps of Weekly Beaters from Adelaide.

Anyone keen for a jam of some sort?

My personal preference would be for something noisy and chaotic with some subtly and nuance mixed in, but I'm of course totally open for something completely different.

Thoughts and ideas? Or is this a bad plan?

Adelaide, Australia

feelsbadplan.jpg

No, it is actually quite a good idea albeit one that may end up being impossible to see into fruition - I have enough trouble meeting up with just you, let alone trying to organise a whole group of us.

Adelaide SA

This is a great idea! go Adelaide.
I'd be more excited and would join if I wasn't so musically inadequate.
/insert supportive message to hope to hear an outcome of this.

adelaide

Thursdaybloom: Yeah I know - everyone has different schedules and lives. But maybe we can work something out? When you and I have planned on doing music-related things in recent times, we've always aimed for time periods that are greater than 24 hours. We don't need that sort of a time block to meet up and jam.

Iran: You're most welcome to join in if anything comes of this, of course, regardless of any musical inadequacies. No pressure, though.

Without meaning to derail things, are any 'beaters going to Blip? I would love to meet you guys.

Adelaide, South Australia

I'd love to meet up and hang out with some of my fellow adelaide people, but 'jamming' isn't really on the cards for me in the traditional sense. I'm happy to sit in and throw ideas around on a track or something, but I have no performance gear... yet >.<

Alternately, just hanging out with new muso peeps would be cool, too

I'm down for this.  and Sanad, I reckon it's been a good couple of years since I saw you...so a catch up of sorts is in the order.

Adelaide SA

Seb: Unfortunately my lack of usefulness overpowers my enthusiasm.  Also, I told you this name would be confusing...

Lazerbeat: This terrible beater will be a Blip! Can't wait to hear thine b33ts.

The Alastair Collins: Such Fragile Things sounds beautiful. kudos.

Tristan: Hi, I'm not Sanad. I'm his sister. lol. Sanad's living in Melbz atm... sorry for the disappointing identity smile

iran sanad wrote:

Tristan: Hi, I'm not Sanad. I'm his sister. lol. Sanad's living in Melbz atm... sorry for the disappointing identity smile

Oh, whoops!  OK..that would explain why I haven't seen him in a couple of years! smile

Thanks smile I'm glad you liked it

Perth, Australia

i could always go for a drive...

adelaide

Okay, so it seems like a few may or may not be interested.

My suggestions for places would be either at adelaide uni at the electronic music unit somewhere (in the EMU space, for example), or I'm happy to have a jam at my place as well. Whatever sits with people better. FYI I am not a serial killer. But of course a serial killer would say that.

I tend to be free on Sundays rather than other days, but I could work around other people.

Thoughts?

Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

I'm down for this.  and Sanad, I reckon it's been a good couple of years since I saw you...so a catch up of sorts is in the order.

Still rofling at this ^^ big_smile

adelaide
Paul Wright wrote:

i could always go for a drive...

Yeah, we're just around the corner, mate. Drop by anytime.

I'm in. I'm out north east, but currently only have sporadic access to my own transport, so somewhere in town, the EMU for instance, would be ideal at least for the first meet up. I'm a UniSA student, though, so I can't get us in ;P

adelaide

I agree, town can be convenient. I can get us access to EMU. The good thing about the EMU space is that we can easily record it and there's a PA.

Anyone else?

Gosford, Australia
Lazerbeat wrote:

Without meaning to derail things, are any 'beaters going to Blip? I would love to meet you guys.

see you there!