Stockholm

Yes yes yes. +1 for a monthly. Was going to do this myself at one point. It was going to be called...moonbeats smile But then I didn't. Hope someone else does! Failing that I'm up for a january daily. hell yeah.

The Wisconsin

monthlybeats... That could work

Last edited by Dwight Davis (December 27, 2012 12:05 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Monthly EP?

Have 3 or 4 tracks that you're happy to release done in a calendar month. Similar to a track a week but without the constant deadline pressure. A 3 track EP done in a 4.5 week month is far less stress. You can compensate for that by coming up with the cover art yourself too. Spend more time on the mix and mastering. Put more emphasis on the production to make it a legitimate release that you're happy with.

This is definitely something I'd like to do.

Belfast, Northern Ireland

I'm liking Song A Month / Monthly Beats too.
Having a 12 track 'album' by the end of 2013. Focusing on tying the songs together more and so on.

I like your idea Thursdaybloom: EP a month. Cool concept. Hmmms.

I already have 4 different EPs I'll be working on in the new year, they don't have deadlines really, but everyone involved is keen to get them done asap. So I reckon it's likely to be March or April that everyone will be expecting those complete.

If I can do my own stuff as well, then that's pretty cool.

AU

Monthly +++++++

Sounds good.  Do we just keep using the same site?!

AU

Also, is anyone else joining little-scale on his "Daily Albums" project?

Adelaide, Australia

No.

St Louis

I really like the monthly ep idea

Stockholm

whoa...daily albums? You just upped the stakes mr. ctrix... on the other hand, i was thinking a pd patch a day. If the patch is good enough maybe I could squeeze an album out of it smile

Riverside, CA

Hourly Anthologies.

Brooklyn

Both the +1 track per month or the EP / month are great ideas.  I'd participate in either.  Would like to add that I have really enjoyed the experience of this year and have learned a lot from everyone!  Great community and really great music.

The Wisconsin

Monthly EPs probably wins my vote, but I don't know the chances of them stepping up the website to handle this new idea with less than a week left til next year

Stockholm
Dwight Davis wrote:

Monthly EPs probably wins my vote, but I don't know the chances of them stepping up the website to handle this new idea with less than a week left til next year

Well, it was trash80 that first mentioned it...all they need to do is make the 52 into 12 and change weekly to MOON smile Oh and completely rewrite the backend probably but that's just a detail.

Los Angeles
sinewave wrote:
Dwight Davis wrote:

Well, it was trash80 that first mentioned it...all they need to do is make the 52 into 12 and change weekly to MOON smile Oh and completely rewrite the backend probably but that's just a detail.

It would take longer to do a new design than it would to switch the current code to a monthly. wink

Michigan, USA

I think it would be cool if we simply all created and joined a Facebook group to share anything that we've made music wise.  Just so we can stick together as a community and keep in touch.  We don't need to do weekly stuff; we can just share anything we have done.

Michigan, USA

I actually don't really like the "Monthly Beats" idea.  If I am going to release any sort of album that I am proud of I think I would want more than a few weeks to work on it.  That came out weird but what I am trying to say is that I do not want to rush the process of putting an EP/Album together.  If I am going to release any sort of official thing, I want the people who listen to it to be impressed (if there are any people who listen). I would want to say that I honestly put my best foot forward.

Last edited by PWR (December 28, 2012 2:07 am)