Stockholm

So...the nights are drawing in (erm, at least in my hemisphere!), the end of the year will be upon us before you know it...so is anybody else wondering - what next?

Don't think I could do another weekly thing next year, but something like it maybe.

Opine!

Melbourne, Australia

Difficult question, isn't it? Cause this is a pretty cool little community, but it's almost like it automatically has a time limit. Once 2013 arrives, no more commenting on each others tracks, waiting to see what other people have come up with. That's kinda it. No more. So it'd be cool to keep it going, but it does get a bit impossible sometimes to get something done every single week. Work an 80 hour week and then have to do WeeBee? Essays due... Can't forget WeeBee! I'm amazed at all the people who travel and still manage to upload - lucky there's a countdown!

Just as an aside, we need to do something for the end of the 52 weeks. We need a cake. Best of compilation. T-Shirts. Music Festival.

Melbourne, Australia

Party at tiasu's house.

Also, I've planned my week 52 piece already, just have to remember to do it then and not come up with a sudden storm of brilliance for one of my other remaining weeks.

Next year - hm, yeah, not sure if I would do something similar to WB or not. I like the idea and have enjoyed (and got a lot out of) this year, but I struggle for time most weeks now and next year I assume will be worse.

The future
vinpous wrote:

Party at tiasu's house.

Also, I've planned my week 52 piece already, just have to remember to do it then and not come up with a sudden storm of brilliance for one of my other remaining weeks.

Next year - hm, yeah, not sure if I would do something similar to WB or not. I like the idea and have enjoyed (and got a lot out of) this year, but I struggle for time most weeks now and next year I assume will be worse.

That's to say we make it through the dark week 51!

Melbourne, Australia

Why would we not? What's so dark about week 51?

Adelaide SA

I'm so not doing another WB. need to recover and actually care about what music I make again.

but on the other hand, i like it here. it's comfy and nice, and not harsh and poo like the outside world.

detachment problems in development?

Melbourne, Australia

I really like WB's community. I think it's made it possible to connect with a couple of people of like-mindedness that I'd perhaps not have, without it.

Adelaide SA

agreed

Adelaide, Australia

Hi guys. What's happening?

Stockholm

Hi. That is the question...or at least What's happening next year?

WB has been excellent for getting me inspired, getting me writing again, forcing me to practice and learn and not least listening to top quality music.

For next year, I'm thinking same idea, different tempo...every two weeks, every month? What do you think? And what do The Admins think?!

Adelaide, Australia

Well it's evident the community needs to continue, but not so much at this site. I'm all for a related, second site with a different layout. Forum based, with member profiles also being their artist page. A weekly upload limit of 1 song that can be used for us to all share what we're working on. It would be an artistic community site instead of an artistic challenge site. Maybe have weekly/monthly themes or weekend events people can be a part of. Release semi-regular compilations.

My thoughts.

Riverside, CA

WEEKLYBEATS 2013: EXTREME EDITION
MISS A WEEK AND YOU GET PERMABANNED FROM THE SITE.
ARE YOU WEEBEE ENOUGH?

Stockholm

Let's go with jiffypop23 and all die young then smile

Interested in thursdaybloom's idea, but I suspect that I need the challenge element to get my arse in gear!

The future

Yeah dunno.. Im not looking forward to WB being over. I have enjoyed the challenge thus far, and while I dont always have a lot of time to shit out my track, and it's not always the best quality, I have learned a lot this year as im sure the rest of you have. I think that was the point. wink  As for it continuing, well, befriend people, find them on FB or elsewhere. Not sure another site is necessary.

The future
vinpous wrote:

Why would we not? What's so dark about week 51?

Week 51 is literally darker than the rest of the weeks on the front page.

The future

oh. and here's my fb if you would like to befriend me wink http://www.facebook.com/jack.anderson