Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

PulseControl

By Ipaghost on June 7, 2020 11:55 pm

Decided for some reason to make a pulse width modulated track with Sytrus. Sytrus shouldn't be able to do wavetables! I wish it could be more extreme (like a C64 SID chip), but I was limited by the widths the Sytrus operators have natively (although I might try later with osc chips which would be nice). Didn't have time to model the SID noise channel, just borrowed my Sytrus NES noise patch for this one.
Download the 46KB project here!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
June 8, 2020 12:09 am

June 8, 2020 12:13 am

Oooh I love that bouncy gatey groove

June 8, 2020 12:29 am

Wow, I still can't believe what you can achieve with Sytrus. Really nice work!!! Also that GIF is mind-bending.

June 8, 2020 1:20 am

A OK on the control here.

June 8, 2020 3:13 am
7506 wrote:

I 2nd the seizure robots gif.

Goddamn dude, this is cool as hell.  I love the parts with the pulse pads, such a cool growling sound.  One of my favs from you lately.

June 8, 2020 3:52 am

this is definitely one of my favorites from this week. so inspired by your use of pulse waves and noise channels. and this long track never loses steam and only JAMS

June 8, 2020 12:06 pm

Unreal. This is a fantastic track. Had me locked in from the get-go.

June 8, 2020 1:47 pm

So much groove, esthetic is great on all what you do, I like this track a lot.

June 9, 2020 8:53 am

need a pair of new ears after this blast.

June 9, 2020 3:05 pm

Nice work on the stereo image especially in this one, might have to check out that flp. Great work on the sytrus grind as usual heart

June 9, 2020 10:31 pm

bee bee boop boop.. love that part smile

June 10, 2020 6:17 am

Hey everyone! I'd like to ask for some support for the Black Trans community. Please donate to some of these charities if you can!

blacktrans.org
twocc.us
homeless-black-trans-women-fund

7506 wrote:


ngineer wrote:

Oooh I love that bouncy gatey groove


Mission Crossing wrote:

Wow, I still can't believe what you can achieve with Sytrus. Really nice work!!! Also that GIF is mind-bending.


I'd like to push this technique a bit further, it's just a bit of a hassle to work with since I'm using quite a few operators spread across several instances of Sytrus. Also sorry about your mind!

Devieus wrote:

A OK on the control here.



Chrisfoo wrote:
7506 wrote:

I 2nd the seizure robots gif.

Goddamn dude, this is cool as hell.  I love the parts with the pulse pads, such a cool growling sound.  One of my favs from you lately.


codydjango wrote:

this is definitely one of my favorites from this week. so inspired by your use of pulse waves and noise channels. and this long track never loses steam and only JAMS


So weird, didn't think the pulses were going to go over well!

Jokinen wrote:

Unreal. This is a fantastic track. Had me locked in from the get-go.


djippy wrote:

So much groove, esthetic is great on all what you do, I like this track a lot.



Groovin' on aesthetic over here!

Q-Rosh wrote:

need a pair of new ears after this blast.


Same. I jammed my eardrum with a q-tip yesterday and I haven't felt the same since

hieme wrote:

Nice work on the stereo image especially in this one, might have to check out that flp. Great work on the sytrus grind as usual <3


Using the same stereo unison shenanigans I do for most of my tracks!

Phil Harmonic wrote:

bee bee boop boop.. love that part smile


Here are your twinbee and boops boops gifs!

June 10, 2020 7:20 pm

plz give the intro to birth control/gamma ray a listen! fun!

June 10, 2020 10:59 pm
Machine Gun Ibiza wrote:

plz give the intro to birth control/gamma ray a listen! fun!


Nice!

June 15, 2020 7:18 am

Damn this track grooves so hard. Love it.

June 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Ooof! When that deep bass kicked in at around :43 yikes yes please!  The gated effect is really coo t00.  Noice!

June 29, 2020 5:55 am
hent03 wrote:

Damn this track grooves so hard. Love it.


Tone Matrix wrote:

Ooof! When that deep bass kicked in at around :43 yikes yes please!  The gated effect is really coo t00.  Noice!


You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up