Adelaide, Australia

Hey gang, I wanted to do a little collaborative project in 2022; similar to the themes that have been run in the past, but a little more restrained!

For four of the weeks in 2022 I would love it if you join me in creating a piece based upon the upcoming (Northern Hemisphere) season. Exactly how that season is reflected in your track is of course up to you, but I guess I envision something akin to Vivaldi's Four Seasons (genre aside... unless that's your jam tongue ).

Hopefully, we can create a compilation release for each season (we'll work out the details later - but I think a streaming platform release with proceeds to charity would be grand). Participants would tag their uploads here with "weeklyseasons".

Preliminary season weeks would be:
Week 7: Spring
Week 20: Summer
Week 33: Autumn
Week 46: Winter

These weeks chosen because they're in the middle of the grid. big_smile

This is just a spitball idea at this point, so I'm keen to hear your thoughts if you're interested!

Last edited by Judgement Act (December 23, 2021 2:51 pm)

NL

I'm not opposed.

Yokohama, Japan

Sounds like fun. I'm in!

Orlando, FL

U really gonna spring this on us. But sounds like autumn of fun.

Seattle

hmm id be down to try smile

mark me as in

Sacramento, CA

Fun idea. I'm down to submit as long as it doesn't land on Spotify... I boycott them smile Super down with BandCamp though.

Also, The Library Of MusicLandria would be a good fit for the charity since it focuses on supporting musicians.

i just remembered this thread... (phew, just in time too)... it's Week7!

Adelaide, Australia

Yes! Sorry, I meant to post yesterday but I got distracted!

The theme for this week is SPRING!

Don't forget to use the tag so its easy to find em!

Adelaide, Australia

I fucked it up this week and didn't participate in my own damn prompt! I will catch up with this on a later week, but I'm looking forward to listening to what everyone did! If you didn't remember to tag your track, do so, so we can find it!

Spokane, WA, USA

Missed SPRING, marking my calendar for the rest!

it's still spring, tho.. maybe it doesn't need to be by week, just tag the next week or any week 'weeklyseasons' at some point during the spring(?).. keeps it relaxed and the weeks suggested above can be more like guidelines big_smile
(just my suggestion heart)

neat idea. contributed to spring!

Montreal

I did a little something, not really proud of it, but lyrics are about spring...

https://weeklybeats.com/djippy/music/le-printemps

NL

I think I'll do 13, 26, 39 and 52 instead, the last of the columns.