Sydney, Australia

Let's talk about what you will be using throughout this project.
I assume a large portion of participants will be direct from the chip scene, so I'm sure we can expect a lot of chip, and generally electronics oriented music. But what else do you have? How about that violin you begged your parents for and gave up on after 2 months of lessons?
What ever happened do the ocarina you picked up on holidays?
And how about that ukulele you bought when you used to listen to Bishop Allen?

I had a long history as a musician before I moved on to chip music, which eventually took over. As I mentioned in the goals thread, I had previously used PureData extensively. I also plan to use my banjo regularly. I have a guitar and bass guitar along with a swarm of pedals. I recently got some new synth gear which will bring with it a lot of new learning experiences.
I have the usual noise maker toys people get you for Christmas and birthdays, Gakken SX-150, Stylophone, Otomatone. Will these find themselves a place in the next 52 weeks? I'm not sure.

So what have you got that you've been neglecting that may make its way into your sounds over the next year?
And will we find a theremin prodigy amongst us?

One of my goals is to learn my synths better so I am going to stick mainly toooooo:

Midibox Sid / Midibox FM / Shruthi1 / Yamaha TX81z / CZ1 / LSDJ (love me some wav channel)

All being sequenced and or sampled onto Renoise.

Bloomington, IN

It's hard to say what the future will bring, but my Elektron boxen are ready to roxen.

Istanbul / Edinburgh

Elektron trinity + OP1 + few other synths abusement smile

indiana, usa

Obscene amount of softsynths and korg products. Might be doing some looping things with my mixer, too.

Cincinnati, Ohio

ill be using my gameboys for lsdj and nanoloop primarily, but i plan using this as an opportunity to experiment with mixing mediums.  perhaps you will hear some classical guitar, trumpet, microsynth, or any number of other possible instruments make an appearance throughout the year in my tracks.  its also a good excuse for me to practice up the recording and production process in my new studio, so expect some play with mixers and effects too.  who knows really!  ive got one im working on for the first week thats just lsdj, but the rest of the year will just happen as it happens i guess.  im also really looking forward to hearing tracks from a lot of the other artists that have been inspirations to me musically that ive seen sign up for this.  if im honest i probably wouldnt have found this half as appealing if trash80, NNNNNNNNNN and little-scale werent doing this ^_^' but in any case, bring it on!

I will be using a Machinedrum. x0xb0x, Moog LP, Midi MuRF, MeeBlip, Simmons SDS-400, ect.

Ireland / Yorkshire

Game Boys w/ LSDJ/Nanoloop/Shitwave/whatever I feel like playing with.
Ableton, Maschine, various plugins...
C64 w/ MSSIAH, maybe a SammichSID, maybe a Shruti-1.
Sampling found sounds...

We shall see what the future holds...

Last edited by infotoxin (December 27, 2011 7:55 pm)

Olympia, WA

Damn, pretty jealous of DataLine's OP1...
I got a C64 for christmas, I'm going to be experimenting with different software for that. LSDJ will probably be pretty prominent in my stuff. I've got a Roland JX-8P analog synth, and a Moog Etherwave Theremin that's been sitting unassembled for much too long. I might whip out my clear green recorder at some point, who knows?! I'll probably be compiling everything and messing with it in Ableton Live 8. Super stoked to see where this goes!

SF/CA/USA

my gear lately goes something like:

op-1
iOS toys (nanostudio/nanoloop/thumbjam/etc)
ableton
lgpt (piggy tracker)

i haven't touched the nord micromodular in a long time... maybe i should, or sell it... i'd like a more physical modular...

Los Angeles

starpause, just mail it to me.

Personally I'm thinking about mixing up various orchestral and software libraries with hardware such as monomachine, op1, shruthi-1, atari ste and c64. Rawr gearwhores unite.

Hamburg, Germany

Got me recently a Vermona Perfourmer MK2 as well as an Octatrack. And i just discovered that my Elektron Monomachine is a really good Junoish sounding pad synth when treated right. sammichSID and sammichFM are waiting also as disassembled kits, as well as a Shruthi-1 with programmer kit. Oh did i mention the Vermona DRM-1 and a simple Roland field recorder, filled with lots of environmental sounds?

Last edited by pulsn (December 27, 2011 9:57 pm)

Philadelphia

I'll probably mostly be using nanoloop 2.5 as I have been, but 1.6 should be arriving soon, and those along with software effects. I also have a little Casio SA-2 that I haven't done much with, that would be fun to dick around with. If I can get a microphone I might use this weird stringed instrument my mom got a while back...

As a personal challenge, I will try to use different software for my tracks EVERY MONTH. For example, LSDJ January, Nanoloop February, Renoise March, etc. If I run out of software, Ill start mixing softwares, like Nanoloop and LSDJ together. I will also try my hand for the first time in blending a live instrument with a Gameboy track.

Porto

probably nanoloop 2.3 + guitar pro + possibly some instruments I have laying around.

Chicago

Mobile nanoloop, mostly. 1.6 when I can afford it. and by this time next year, probably LSDJ.
I play guitar, so some of that too.
I probably won't have poetry over my tracks every week, but most