Sacramento, CA

music is my weapon.

Cincinnati, Ohio

i love my ms2000 but i havent broken it out pretty much since i started doing this chiptune thing..  after giving it some more thought i really have no idea what ill be making music with by the end of this.  a year is a long time for me musically.  i might be orchestrating gorillas and tubas with my brainhole by next december..  i think im going to use this as an opportunity to experiment.  btw, ive been talking about this with people and when describing it i want to call it something and finding it difficult.  my instinct was to call it a "competition" or a "challenge" like so many other interweb things, but its not a competition and the only challenge really is to do it and at that there isnt really a prize or judging system.  but still thats part of what really appeals about this whole idea to me.  anyone got a better word for it?

Chicago
spry wrote:

anyone got a better word for it?

Exhibition?

Los Angeles

I always thought of it as a challenge, one to yourself.

Cincinnati, Ohio

yea it is a challenge to yourself smile  i like "exhibition".  perhaps a challenging exhibition at that ^_^'

Brooklyn

mostly sr-16 through piles of effect boxes
cz101
sp404

all in, 2 out

happy exhibitionism

Last edited by Peter Fonda (December 31, 2011 7:02 pm)

NSW

^^^

Last edited by popsicle (May 11, 2012 6:38 pm)

Brisbane

Ill be sticking to my native instruments stuff using it through Logic. I've got an sh-01 so I'll be throwing that in sometimes as well as calling on some session vocalists and instrumentalists down the track.

Austria

Gameboy, guitar and vocals... but to start woth only gameboy. Maybe even beatboxing XD

Portland OR

Gameboy w/LSDJ
C64 with Cynthcart (mssiah on its way)
Cakewalk Sonar with an army of vsts
Korg Monotron
Too many casio keyboards
Guitars and stuff

I'm thinking lots of live instruments, I do a lot of gameboy stuff. But obviously i'm not gonna give up on my precious GBs, there will be plenty of LSDJ

Coastal Australia

I'll be using guitars, various software and hardware.  Too early to know the full details of the arsenal  wink
There'll probably be some sampling/field recording at some stage though.

Paris

I see that there are quite a lot of chip musician here.
I'll start by uploading my mix made from Ableton, trying to master the soft as fully as possible, and in the same time building a Midi controlled Arduino linked to a sound chip from the Sega Master System.
I'm also very often starting with a basic loop (sampled from jazz most of the time) and building my song around that with any existing (or non-existing) instrument.
Hope my work will be pleasant for you and you'll give me some feedback to improve my skills!
Can't wait to start and hear your work as well ^^

Philadelphia, PA

Sequential Circuits Pro~One, Crumar BitOne, Korg MS 10, Roland TR 606, Boss DR 55, Korg MircoKorg, Akai MPC 500, TechnoBox, Animoog, & some guitar.

Leeds

I'm guessing my most popular tools will be:
Machinedrum
Monomachine
Reaktor

Mixing and arrangment in Reaper

Madison, Alabama

Like cTrix, one of my goals is to use every piece of gear I own on a track this year, which will include:

LSDJ
acoustic, electric, classical guitar
banjo
mandolin
bass guitar
pawn shop special drum set
melodica
Piano (real one, not a plugin or keyboard) it's in a room not close to my computer, so recording it will be...interesting.  It may be recorded on four track tape, haha)
Roland Juno-60
Moog LP
lots of toy instruments

I plan to do some singing too.