St Louis

i continue to be in a lot of various projects, one that i began last year is sorta interesting http://ampyre.bandcamp.com droney industrial goodness with live vocal looping from an accomplished rock singer!

much of 2015 I spent working on recording this beast http://voltagecobra.bandcamp.com just straight up catchy high energy stoner rock such as qotsa, kyuss, helmet, black sabbath, motorhead, and more. was interesting self producing and getting it mastered to tape! found a guy on fiverr.com that will master to tape for $10 per track, called matrix audio.

i spent much of the year off from Sitari and electronic music, focusing more on live recording and more traditional band settings but am excited to get back into tracking this week!

Adelaide, Australia

Nothing, that's why WB2016 is so important! tongue

Coastal Australia

Lots of bands, album releases, gigs, sound design and film scores with much modular synth patching amongst it all.  This year is kicking off at a fast creative pace too.  I've already been approached for a film score, currently hired to write 15 pieces scored and mixed to narration in less than a month, a song is being released on a compilation and a major and exciting project is aiming to be released by the end of this month which I can't talk about currently but hopefully a lot of you will enjoy. 

And now Weekly Beats pops up!!  At least I'll have 15 songs up my sleeve for this month if time is of the essence.  smile

Chicago

Exploring and learning. Constantly trying new things. Still an amatuer, but still enjoying myself. Hard to believe it's been 2 years since the last. Time flies.

Melbourne

In 2015 (and the second half of 2014) I played too many gigs to really concentrate on writing new music, which is bizarre, since I used to complain a lot about not playing live enough. That said, some gigs in Japan helped me to build up a nice set of patterns in nanoloop which ended up becoming my latest album nanodisco.

I attempted to create a new micro-genre of music called DETHWAVE—based on slowed down death metal samples/loops, lo-fi synths and a DOOM II visual aesthetic—and was largely unsuccessful, however semi-well-known vaporwave artist NMESH was inspired by it and ended up releasing some music under the name ZONE EATER; we also collaborated on a track.

I also arranged a version of Steve Reich's Piano Phase for two copies of nanoloop, and somehow it managed to get quite a few youtube views.. and it was even performed live without my involvement, which was pretty surreal.

In November I started planning the audio/visual design style of a new project called 0F.digital, with a focus on creating minimalist industrial/IDM tracks using (mostly) digital hardware. I'll probably hold off on playing live shows while I develop this style a bit more (unless they're particularly amazing shows big_smile ).

Huh, I guess I did do a few things after all!

Pittsburgh, PA

Got back into live performance, built a guitar (Res-O-Glas body with an Eastwood neck, Lace Alumitones, Bigsby), and kept doing weekly pieces.  Also changed jobs, so I'm working with flying robots now.

Adelaide, South Australia

Last year was pretty busy: a handful of mostly excellent gigs but mostly taken up with sound design for youth art projects and a couple of theatre productions. Aside from that, a string of exhibitions featuring new sound installation work. I rounded out the year with a self-released EP that I'm very happy with (you can check it out here via bandcamp.)

This year will be decidedly quieter, but I've got a few things already lined up - a label release of field recordings 'single', Adelaide City Council art commission and a couple of sound design briefs for upcoming theatre shows in the 2016 Adelaide Fringe.

St Louis

yeah, i too did a lot more live gigs, not my favorite thing but it's great experience and makes you think about your music differently sometimes.good to hear from everyone!

Madrid, Spain

I spent 2015 polishing some WB'14 mixes (my Soundcloud lives still in 2014!), rearranging my studio, developing my skills in Chuck musical programming language and learning some Reaktor also.

I built myself a small modular setup and made my first steps in hardware design (still choosing an oscilloscope to buy...). Improved my workflow and got back to some old-school hardware samplers, which I used to create some soundbanks for 2016.

I've got some tracks ready for an EP, my first Bandcamp release: some ambient/drone/berlin-school stuff a little bit far from my usual Boom Bap/Hiphop-esque stuff. Got back to Blender and Processing so I can match the artwork you guys put in your releases.

And, also very important, I kept track of some of my favourite WeeklyBeaters smile

NL

My other hobbies.

Madrid, Spain
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

I rounded out the year with a self-released EP that I'm very happy with (you can check it out here via bandcamp.)

Your "ANNO EP" is quite good. Mellow yet somewhat disturbing... Currently checking the rest of your stuff smile

Adelaide, South Australia
laguna wrote:
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

I rounded out the year with a self-released EP that I'm very happy with (you can check it out here via bandcamp.)

Your "ANNO EP" is quite good. Mellow yet somewhat disturbing... Currently checking the rest of your stuff smile

Oh hey, thanks! Yes - mellow and disturbing is sort what I was going for wink

Melbourne, Australia
laguna wrote:

I spent 2015 polishing some WB'14 mixes (my Soundcloud lives still in 2014!), rearranging my studio, developing my skills in Chuck musical programming language and learning some Reaktor also.

I built myself a small modular setup and made my first steps in hardware design (still choosing an oscilloscope to buy...). Improved my workflow and got back to some old-school hardware samplers, which I used to create some soundbanks for 2016.

I've got some tracks ready for an EP, my first Bandcamp release: some ambient/drone/berlin-school stuff a little bit far from my usual Boom Bap/Hiphop-esque stuff. Got back to Blender and Processing so I can match the artwork you guys put in your releases.

And, also very important, I kept track of some of my favourite WeeklyBeaters smile

Chuck? Hardcore. Interested to see stuff you have done/will do with that.

Santa Fe, NM

Getting fitted for hearing aids. Started painting again. Und so weiter...

Madrid, Spain
vinpous wrote:

Chuck? Hardcore. Interested to see stuff you have done/will do with that.

Here you can hear some short sketch composed and generated completely in Chuck

[soundcloud]221733014[/soundcloud]

Madison, Alabama

I was woefully unproductive in 2015. Started a bunch of tracks and didn't finish any of them. Only played 2 shows. I did work on improving my drumming skills, so there's that.

I'm going to use WB as a sort of kick-in-the-pants to force me to compose with more frequency.