Miami, FL

*raises hand*
Uh yea I was wondering, uhhh is there gonna be a 2016 WBs!?
I did absolutely nothing musically in 2015 other than have my mac die and spend the past few months reinstalling crap.
Cmon 2016!!!
also i look forward to more ipaGifs

Milwaukee, USA

Yayaya let's get this shakin! I missed all you guys/gals/gifs way too much during 2015.

More importantly, does anyone else miss the feverish mix/master/upload process every Sunday? I've never been more musically productive than during WB14 smile

Brooklyn

I did the 2012 WB but was not sufficiently recovered for 2014. Looking forward to 2016 if it happens. Lots of new gear in the studio... Same old 80's new wave sound. It's great to work with the challenge and goals as well as the inspiration to create with the WB community.

punk ville

I'm also looking forward to this. I made this website to fill the gap in 2015 https://streak.club/s/16/weekly-music but attendance wasn't nearly the same.

Melbourne, Australia

I'm ready!!!!!

Although no news this late into the year.   Not looking like it'll happen.

MKE
paul raygun wrote:

I'm ready!!!!!

Although no news this late into the year.   Not looking like it'll happen.

Hopefully that's not the case, 2014 was announced on Dec 22. Either way, I plan on doing at least a song a week next year. I would rather do it with you guys!

Ottawa, ON, Canada

Fingers crossed, indeed!

Pittsburgh, PA
donnyjankowski wrote:

More importantly, does anyone else miss the feverish mix/master/upload process every Sunday? I've never been more musically productive than during WB14 smile

Well, I can't miss it...since I've been doing that same feverish mix/master/upload process every week this year, too. (Put up my 50th 2015 piece yesterday.)  It'd be nice to do 2016 here...but if it doesn't happen, I'll probably clean out my SoundCloud account and just keep going.

Pweter City

If this site doesnt happen can someone start a group somewhere else and let everyone know? Im down to help but dont know nothing about site management.

MKE

Hey guys! Talked to Phil Harmonic last night. He suggested that Trash80 might need some convincing to bring WB back! So, send him a message and tell him what WB means to you! I'm pretty sure you can guess his gmail address.

NL
Mr Mort wrote:

If this site doesnt happen can someone start a group somewhere else and let everyone know? Im down to help but dont know nothing about site management.

The site runs on money, so if you want to help, money will do it.

MKE
Devieus wrote:
Mr Mort wrote:

Without knowing the amount of traffic WB, it's hard to guesstimate how much it costs for hosting, but I doubt finding the money to run the site would be difficult from donations or even minimal membership fees. Even the bulk of hosting could be done off site via services like soundcloud and youtube which would make costs completely negligible. Either way, Tim doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't know how to find the proper resources if he is motivated! So let's motivate him people!

(This is the first badger of many until wb2016 is announced!)

Melbourne, Australia
Ipaghost wrote:
Devieus wrote:

Without knowing the amount of traffic WB, it's hard to guesstimate how much it costs for hosting, but I doubt finding the money to run the site would be difficult from donations or even minimal membership fees. Even the bulk of hosting could be done off site via services like soundcloud and youtube which would make costs completely negligible. Either way, Tim doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't know how to find the proper resources if he is motivated! So let's motivate him people!

Trash80 was accepting donations last time. I think there's a thread about it somewhere.

The site uses AWS, so the hosting requirement/cost grows with use. I reckon that if everybody who was keen emailed Trash80 and chipped in US$20, it might be a goer?

Schwerin I'm afraid

sounds reasonable. just did what @vinpous suggested.

MKE
vinpous wrote:
Ipaghost wrote:

Trash80 was accepting donations last time. I think there's a thread about it somewhere.

The site uses AWS, so the hosting requirement/cost grows with use. I reckon that if everybody who was keen emailed Trash80 and chipped in US$20, it might be a goer?

I think that is more than reasonable. I'd be happy to pay for WB, it's done more for my music than any piece of equipment I own! If only Trash80 would take our money! Can't find that thread about donations, so I'm just going to send a PayPal deposit to his email as soon as this cat lets me.

Los Angeles

https://www.facebook.com/WeeklyBeats/po … 3773789944

BTW looks like the date would start on Monday, the 4th.