Adelaide, South Australia

Ravel - String Quartet in F
Britten - Serenade for Tenor Horn and Strings

St Louis

cheer accident

I've been spending a lot of time this week revisiting and listening to Eno/Fripp's Evening Star colab from 1975.  The title track is sublime and I wish I could play guitar like Robert Fripp.  "An Index of Metals" is improvisatory rubbish though.

Also:

Ravel/Debussy (again)
Deaf Center's Pale Ravine (again)
Lots of Neko Case
Beck's new album (which is pretty underwhelming and sounds practically identical to an album he recorded 12 years ago, only with less misery.)

Stockholm
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

I've been spending a lot of time this week revisiting and listening to Eno/Fripp's Evening Star colab from 1975.

Been enjoying the considerably more recent Small craft on a milk sea this week. Will check out Evening Star, so much Eno to get through smile Also been catching up on some Lustmord and, as a sort of temporary spinoff from that, a bit of classic, terrifying Diamanda Galas...

St Louis

ive actually been listening to stuff i downloaded from weekly beats 2012... some great stuff!

NSW

Window - Fauna
Window - Strands
Tree - various
Yes/No/Maybe - Neat Repeat
Misfit Chris - Graveyard Tracks
Beat Culture - Tokyo Dreaming

heart

Heaps of Bernard Parmegiani and Luc Ferrari as source inspiration for the next three weeks.

St Louis

dig me some luc ferrari

Melbourne, Australia

Luc Ferrari - excellent choice TL-R!

I've been listening in bursts to Anthony Pateras' "Collected Works" box set, recently. Been re-inspired by his work (and attitude).

vinpous wrote:

I've been listening in bursts to Anthony Pateras' "Collected Works" box set, recently. Been re-inspired by his work (and attitude).

Excellent!

Two hours ago: solo sets by Chris Abrahams and Tony Buck (2/3 of The Necks) at the Governor Hindmarsh.  Extraordinary, transcendental performances.

C.A: solo piano.  Tight, gradually expanding cells of whole tone scales over 40 minutes which encompassed the entire range of the keyboard.  Incredible control of dynamics, harmonics, sustain and muting.  The mid-section sequence of low register tones slowly erupting into a dense cloud of heavy oceanic dissonance is one of the most exciting things I've heard in recent years.

T.B: field recordings, guitar, percussion and drums (+ kitchen sink.)  AMAZING.

The Wisconsin

I don't know if anybody here has a taste for indie pop/rock, but if you do, the new Bombay Bicycle Club album ("So Long, See You Tomorrow") is pretty dang good.

Over the last week De La Soul, The National, The Smiths, Beyonce, Pharoahe Monch, Katy B, Kanye West and Rahsaan Roland Kirk

San Francisco

This week I have been listening to Giraffage, Lando Kal, and Das Glow. Kind of a weird combo but that more minimal house and gentle trap beats has been been really inspiring to me lately. Can't believe i never checked out this thread till now. cool stuff here.

Tacoma

Francis Bebey, This Mortal Coil, Debussy

Brooklyn

Lots of Com Truise, Trey Trey, Deafheaven, CHVRCHES, Glassjaw, Cheap Dinosaurs, Letlive., Monodeer, and Vattnet Viskar.