Adelaide, South Australia

I'm sure there was a thread for this in 2012 but I can't find despite my trawling…

##########################

All over the place for me this week, but satisfying and tasty sounds.

Ry Cooder & Corrodos Famosos - Live In San Francisco (2013)

One of my heroes.  A guitarist's guitar player, but nothing fancy.  Just eloquent, soulful playing and wonderful interpretations of lost blues/mexican standards.  Feat.  accordion master, Flaco Jimenez!

Neko Case - Blacklisted (2002)

A voice like a bell.  A loud bell.  Still in her alt. country element with members of Calexico on-side.  So good.

Portishead - Portishead (1997)

Old love.  Bleak as fuck.  It's incredible but I still struggle to get all the way through the record…

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (1964)

Masterful, sumptuous, transcendent.  The phrasing (amongst the whole ensemble) is just incredible.  It's been on high rotation for the past month.

Space Kitten by The Polish Ambassador keeps getting some love. I have been listening to a lot of his shit recently, that and Copy. I guess im electro mode ?

Melbourne, Australia

igorrr - breakcore (hallelujah)
ahab - funeral doom (The Divinity of Oceans and The Call of the Wretched Sea)
venetian snares - breakcore
and....
nightcore

Last edited by Aday (January 10, 2014 3:40 pm)

northampton

INFECTED MUSHROOM SLIGHTLY OBSESSED ATM

Portland, OR

Interesting topic, considering all the different tastes I assume hide out around here... smile

The new Raime album, Quarter Turns Over a Living Line, constantly kills me with its precise but seemingly effortless sound design. Also, it's kind of a terrifying listen.

Also, the new COH record, Retro-2038 is a typically genius pseudo-dance monster, even though I can't find anyone else who likes him.

rochester ny

been obsessed with the album "feel me" by groundislava (2012 release, i believe). still digging hard on boards of canada's tomorrow's harvest, flying lotus's loops, ideas & drafts, moderat's II, and shigeto's "no better time than now". 2013 was a great year for new music.

The Wisconsin

Most recently,
CHVRCHES' "The Bones of What You Believe" (https://soundcloud.com/chvrches/recover 2013, Indie Electronic)
Typhoon's "White Lighter" (https://soundcloud.com/rollcallrecords/ … -fathers-1 2013, Indie Folk)
Cage the Elephant's "Melophobia" (https://soundcloud.com/cagetheelephant/ … tle-closer 2013, Indie Rock).
Right now I'm on the lookout for some good indie-scene stuff that I haven't heard before.
Also, the song "Put A Light On" by Generationals (https://soundcloud.com/polyvinyl-record … a-light-on), it's really good

Last edited by Dwight Davis (January 11, 2014 12:14 am)

Louisville

Psychic - Darkside
R Plus Seven - Oneohtrix point never

St Louis

Swirlies - Strictly East Coast Flute Music vinyl ...first record has some wonderful drum and bass remixes of their material on it. very highly recommended band, criminally overlooked. before that was listening to Dave Holland's 'Prism' album from 2013. some pretty great jazz.

Pweter City

Submerse - Dim lights and meteorites (ft Sorrow)

"watch me bust they shit...OK"

York, UK

Since new years been playing L-Event by Autechre a hell of a lot.
Also Jah Bit Invasion by Disrupt has been on a lot recently and new Pixies material.

Phoenix, AZ

Savant - Orakel (fantastic album)
Au5 and Fractal - Secret Weapon EP (probably the best thing i've ever heard)

Australia

001-Howls
Sing That Shit (20syl Juicy Remix) - Kendrick Lamar
Boss (Ryan Hemsworth Remix) - Tinashe
With me - Cashmere Cat
and anything Acquaintance, he does mash ups on sound cloud, maddest mashups. (Power- Acquaintance)
anything Electric Mantis

San Diego, CA

Mostly a bunch of sample based instrumental Hip Hop like Knxwledge and Mndsgn. Vaporwave... Stuff like that!

Melbourne

Deafheaven - Sunbather. Awesome album!

Melbourne, Australia

Been listening to:
- Mark Hannaford/Scott Tinkler/Erkki Veltheim (or whatever his name is) lately. New CD of theirs.
- The catholics
- CRAY: Water Computing
- Portico Quartet: Portico Quartet
- And a recent Klaus Lang CD that I forgot the name of and can't be bothered looking at.