Adelaide, South Australia
Biko wrote:
phesago wrote:

weekly beats tongue heart

and now I feel guilty for not saying this answer first haha

Me too - catching up today at work.

Also, ABC Classic FM.

Melbourne

Because I'm slow, I only just heard Owen Pallett's "Heartland" album this afternoon. And such beautiful production, arrangements and skill... I think I just want to pack it all in after hearing that, ha ha.

Other recent listens: The Books, Nancy Sinatra, Aztec Camera, Echo and the Bunnymen, Home Video, Savages.

France

Top 5 artists for last month (according to last.fm):
1 Sonic Youth
2 Ilkae
3 Radiohead
4 John Coltrane
5 Plaid

Top 5 tracks:
1 Richard Devine – untitled (off Ischemic Folks - Schematic compilation)
2 Radiohead – Idioteque (off Kid A)
3 Plaid – Zamami (off Double Figure)
4 Ilkae – Dot Matrix Firefly (off Pistachio Island)
4 Ilkae – Magnesium (off Light Industry)

Last edited by yan_g (January 17, 2014 7:08 am)

Old Street Roundabout

i've been rinsing Neo Neo Acid by Tin Man way too much:

St Louis

here's my best of 2012 http://40albumsfrom2012.tumblr.com one of the things I did with the extra time was write all those reviews in 2013. now I gotta start my best of 2013 only there are like 80 albums I'm considering... going to have to write much shorter reviews!

Australia

Yo La Tengo - Fade
Nick Drake - Bryter Later
PiL - Flowers of Romance
Hans Otte - The Book of Sounds

melbourne

bill burr podcast

Pittsburgh, PA

In addition to listening to as much of the 2014 contributions here as I can, I've been in a heavy Jason Molina phase (RIP) with the reissue of Magnolia Electric Company and Fading Trails. 

Just to be completely schizo when the player hits shuffle, I've loaded a bunch of Tri Repetae-era Autechre, as well.  It'll be time to change things up, soon, though.

Portland, OR
onezero wrote:

In addition to listening to as much of the 2014 contributions here as I can, I've been in a heavy Jason Molina phase (RIP) with the reissue of Magnolia Electric Company and Fading Trails.

I finally bought the Magnolia Electric and Hecla & Griper reissue LPs yesterday, and now my Molina discography is complete. And that fills me with such sadness...

Chris Dotson wrote:
onezero wrote:

I finally bought the Magnolia Electric and Hecla & Griper reissue LPs yesterday, and now my Molina discography is complete. And that fills me with such sadness...

I can't bear to listen to anything Molina did since March last year.  It's still too fucking hard.

Stockholm
Chris Dotson wrote:
onezero wrote:

It's been a while since i listened but I was totally into his stuff a few years ago. Saw him live here in Stockholm, brilliant gig. Such a sad tale the whole thing...

Portland, OR
Tristan Louth-Robins wrote:

I can't bear to listen to anything Molina did since March last year.  It's still too fucking hard.

I know that feeling. I don't think I'm going to listen to the records for a while, but just getting them into the house was a big step.

Australia

I've been thrashing Autechre an awful, awful lot lately - specifically 'Untilted' & 'Exai'. Just something lodged in my head after reading that gigantic Q&A they did over at We Are The Music Makers I reckon and now I cant seem to get enough!

Other wise listening to the new Patten EP quite a bit, Oneotrix Point Never's 'R Plus Seven', Macro Dub Infection Volume 1 - can't recommend that one enough and The Bug is a quality tune selector as ever - Ital Tek's 'Control', old school On-U Sound tracks, Ruby My Dear and (vainly enough) myself ;p

This week I'm making an effort to get through this week's WB submissions and comment on the stuff that wheels my wagon.  Also:

Deaf Centre - Pale Ravine
Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children
Dire Straits - Making Movies (yes, you read that right.)
Tape - Luminarium
Future of the Left - How To Stop Your Brain In An Accident
Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse

All over the shop, really.

NSW

My biorhythms.

Lisbon, Portugal

My latest listenings on my device:

Dirty Beaches - Drifters/Love is the Devil
Sonny Rollins - The Bridge (Jim Hall tribute listening)
Hedvig Mollestad Trio - All Of The Witches
Red Fang - Whales and Leeches (just saw them last friday)
Arvo Pärt - Adam's Lament
Toro Y Moi - Anything In Return
Gorefest - Soul Survivor