Melbourne, Australia

My aim is to actually finish Weeklybeats this time

Last edited by Biko (January 5, 2014 10:18 am)

Chicago

My aim is to not feel like I have to give up on the whole year if I miss a week.

My goal is to force myself to finish tracks.
I want silence my inner critic, just for a while so I can get out of a bad period of writers block.
Good luck to all and here's to a great, productive, creative 2014!!

York, UK
studiobeta wrote:

I want silence my inner critic, just for a while so I can get out of a bad period of writers block.
Good luck to all and here's to a great, productive, creative 2014!!

Yeah I'm terrible for not finishing tracks these days. Think I finished 3-5 tracks in all of 2013. I work well under deadlines so this should give me a much needed kick in the backside. big_smile

Finland

I also found this from CDM yesterday. I'm mixing first track now. Still few hours left smile

2013 i have done loads of short ideas and not even one ready track. Now i'm gonna finnish every week one track. It's gonna be quantity over quality.

2014 goal is to get one demo track / week done. At the same time i'm producing two records that are coming out on fall so this will be busy year.

I will also setup goals for weeks:
Make track with Maschine Standalone.
Make track with only hardware synths.
Make track using only one VSTi
Make track by using only real instruments. (that will be hard as i don't play anything smile

Track that i'm uploading today is made with LPX and it uses only logic stock plugins and only ES2 and Retro Synth. Limitations suit these kind of challenges well.

Good luck for everyone for 2014!

Last edited by BOULDER D4SH (January 5, 2014 3:09 pm)

Canberra, AU
studiobeta wrote:

Likewise. I've got so many unfinished projects scattered about the place, and I've been making noise for years and achieved hardly anything because I just don't make myself do enough.

Unlike most of the chip tuners, I'm going to try to make MORE chippy music. Renoise/Clinkster is a new world of stuff for me, and I definitely want to call myself competent with it by the end of the year (hopefully before June wink ).

Chicago

1. Finish unfinished tracks.
2. Develop workflow to reduce stalling in middle of track.
3. Learn not to get so fucking hung up on little details and stall in the middle of a track.
4. Have immense fun creating new things. <---- #1 priority even if listed near bottom of this list.
5. Learn to construct my own synth patches from scratch instead of modifying existing.

Last edited by Techmonkey (January 5, 2014 4:54 pm)

First timer here...
Goals :
- Try to finish tracks and learn about composition in the process
- Better understand my instruments, software and hardware
- Explore many genre and getting out of my comfort zone
- Learn to mix and master better

Last edited by RawTicks (January 5, 2014 8:15 pm)

Berlin, Germany

My main goal is just to make and upload one track/song per week.
By doing this I know I am going to improve my song writing, production and mixing.

I want to make beats for some rappers and singers I know, so building up to that quality is another goal.
Plus finishing all the bits and pieces I have on my hard drive since forever.
I want to learn more music theory, chord progessions, keys etc.
And more about mixing and mastering.
And I want to choose a DAW and really learn it. (In the past I have used MPC2000, Logic, Roland Groovebox, played various instruments in bands.. but I never really got great at anything cos I kept on switching around all the time.)

I also want to make stuff that's good enough quality to include in my DJ sets. And I'm really enjoying DJing lower bpm - 90-115 stuff. So I think I will focus on that tempo for now.

Phew! It's gonna be a busy year!
Good luck everyone smile

Switzerland

I want to feature my SammichSID and my GenMDM a little.
Also I'll need to make tunes for games I make.
I tweeted the Weeklybeats URL and it was passed on some game dev circles who might join in the fun!

Gosford, Australia

also lyrics and vocals, i've decided that i'm shit at just coming up with lyrics and putting them down on paper so i hope this year improves my songwriting at least a little!

bryface wrote:

- i was gifted a TNS-HFC3 recently in japan which means i can put my childhood famicom to good use for some hardware-recorded NSF's

Dafuq? EXPLAIN YOURSELF! What black magic is this?

France

Get better with my new modular setup smile

vancouver, canada
Lazerbeat wrote:
bryface wrote:

- i was gifted a TNS-HFC3 recently in japan which means i can put my childhood famicom to good use for some hardware-recorded NSF's

Dafuq? EXPLAIN YOURSELF! What black magic is this?

wait, explain which part??

the famicom i've had since i was 6 as a gift from my uncle from Hong Kong.  my buddy Vanno picked up a TNS-HFC4, which rendered his TNS-HFC3 obsolete.  i was perfectly content to front up some cash to him as it's definitely not of trivial value but he was feeling stupidly generous apparently! =P

anyway if anybody wants some hardware recordings of their famitracker stuff, feel free to send me your NSFs and i'll make the recordings at my earliest convenience.  I picked up Castlevania 3 so i'm able to playback VRC6 stuff, that's the only expansion chip i have access to though.

Santa Clarita, California

2014 is a trap

I am addicted

But when 2015 comes creeping

None of you will be a stranger

Thumbs up for my new friends

Enjoy your Happy Accidents I will be listening

Dallas

I'd like to get better at mixing, but more importantly I'd like to get better at making a song progress and flow. It's so easy to lay down an awesome and fat 8-16 bars, but then... What next?