CA, USA

I have a lot of half finished tracks / ideas, so its a good opportunity to work on my arrangement skill, going back and finishing up the ideas. Maby also try out some of the kind of experimental instrument / style combos I tend to dream up.

I'm not one of those guys that can whip out a track in a day, especially since I write vocals and lyrics now which takes a lot of work to get right. But I appreciate the site, it was really cool of Trash to keep the site going.

Phoenix, AZ

I want to really expand my knowledge of music theory; use more sevenths and more diminished chords and do more technical stuff while still making it sound awesome

Another thing: write music in more styles than I have been. Recently, it's been all electro house with 2xlsdj, and I want to try writing jazz and funk and trance and stuff.

Two more things. Write a few songs with lyrics and keep all 52 weeks separate from my other projects.

St Louis

probably going to follow my whims again. but I would like to improve at composition and get away from improvisation and randomization which has been my calling card in the past. I have a new recording setup so that is going to change things quite a bit, as well as a few new instruments I would like to incorporate. definitely going to be some live band recordings like I did a few times in 2012, gonna be more Sitari, and I'd like to work more on multi tracking and merging different musical worlds together. One project that I have been contemplating for years is Voiceprint which uses only the recorded voice to come up with sample sets for compositions. so I guess my goal is to be as scatterbrained as ever.

Internet, Australia
  • Get better with recording live stuff, even if my gear just consists of a SingStar microphone and some rusty old mic stand I yanked out of some abandoned truck last year,

• Pick up my Gameboy and get to work on some more chip stuff (hopefully my Amiga should be fixed soon too),

• FM synthesis has always intrigued me. I want to learn the ins and outs of it this year.

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (December 31, 2013 5:28 am)

Michigan, USA

Monthly Beats.  A.K.A. Weakly Beats.

NL

Ukulele, just ukulele. And maybe some singing, and a recorder, maybe some drums.

But mostly ukulele.

Melbourne, Aus

My main aim is to develop my composition skills using double bass. Second is to gain more experience with ableton.

MJP

piggy tracker.

I'd also like to get to a point this year where I can work on lyric writing, but I'm not promising yet.

Chicago

1. Expanding vgm portfolio
2. Working on a trap mixtape

Scotland

Whatever comes up when i sit down to make some music, although some nice ambient 60 second pieces with very definite meaning, ie the day in the life of a carrot or something like that lol

Portland, OR

I'm new here. Going to try, first of all, to make tracks exclusively for this during the year. I'll be overseas for two weeks, which means at least two of the tracks will probably be composed entirely on my iPhone. I have several instruments I'm not at all good at playing, but I'm hoping to make sure every single one makes a passable appearance at one point or another. Here goes...

Sweden

Song structure, and general mixing. I feel like those are my two weakest points at the moment, feel pretty happy with how I can realize individual ideas/sections but making a structure of them is definitely my weak point.

St Louis

yeah I am great at sound design, at least average at production, but my song structures usually leave something to be desired. it is one of the biggest challenges for a composer or sound artist, and the one class I skipped in the Sound dept. at college was composition, so it shows I think.

The theme of finishing tracks and working on composition is something I see consistently, and something I'm going to work on myself.  However, that said, I would mainly like to use this as a way to stretch out interesting sonic palettes rather than compose songs per se.

Sydney

First post here. I found out about this site from Create Digital Music the other day and thought it sounded like a great concept.

I'm setting more of a challenge for myself here. Two new tracks per week with music videos to accompany them. Making music videos is what I do for a living these days, and essentially I just want to be making more of my own, even if they're just a music track with some random video footage edited over the top. As most of them will be.

Already got my first track recorded. It's really simple and short, although still needs to be mixed.

Stockholm

2k12 was all about OP-1 on WB, but this year I'm using WB as a vehicle for testing sounds and structures for an audio project I'm working on. Still recording and mixing everything on the OP-1 though... Looking forward to it! Also looking forward to all the other tracks, found alot of great music the year before last thanks to you lot.

Suppose I should dig out my old stats script too...