Oslo
infradead wrote:

thanks!  my friend brought it back from a first decent rafting trip in tibet.

and you'll drag the metasonix from my cold dead hands

tibet and metasonix sounds like an oxymoron to me!

Coastal Australia

Sick rig infraded.  I'm still deciding on a master case to fit my rig into.  Tough choice and lots of $$  :-/

Some sweet toys too cykranosh.  I'm interested in the Elektron gear but I'm currently in modular world (for a year now).  Love it! 

And nice geek bench trash80  smile

I'll see if I can get round to posting some pics later.

Austin
rdomain wrote:

Some sweet toys too cykranosh.  I'm interested in the Elektron gear but I'm currently in modular world (for a year now).

The Octatrack is what brought me back to hardware after about six years of ITB. The Elektron boxes are SO great for writing and jamming. The Analog Four has four CV outs that would definitely fit in your modular setup. >_>

I initially dropped the hardware because my mixer died and I didn't have the money to replace it (was delivering pizza at the time). Coming back to hardware, but without a computer involved, has been an interesting move.

rochester ny

here's my little space.

Philadelphia

Sydney, Australia

wow that was bigger than i thought it was.

Last edited by godinpants (January 7, 2014 2:34 am)

Copenhagen

Not too exciting, but this is the basic setup (complete with reflection of me fumbling around with the iPhone panorama feature):

Some random toys in the closet I will pull out from time to time:

Melbourne, Aus

Some awesome looking studios here. I have studio envy...

Most of my gear is in the teaching room so the 'studio' is just an interface and mic(and the double bass of course). A new preamp and mic are the next additions on the long list of upgrades.

Here's my current noise rig.

My current setup. Very jealous of so much equipment on here.

CA, USA

Original image on Flickr.

I really love these threads, finding ergonomic tips. Its amazing how quickly you can run out of space when your trying to get everything accessible.

But this is my studio, Purgatory, and the setup I've been using over the past 2 years. I think finding or building the gear that is part of your artistic vision, your journey that you want to take the listener on, is a huge part of music. Whether you like to collect stomp boxes, or plugins or lo-fi gear, all of them are like the paints your starting off with to create your next piece. You can make a masterpiece in watercolor, acrylic, oil or pastel, even chalk. Its about your artistic vision, what message or vibe do you want to become your journey.

Melbourne, Australia

My studio isn't a studio, and it's in the midst of being converted to a standing workstation. But it does the good jobs. This is my office, in all senses of the word as I work from home. I do have a recording interface and microphones and stuff packed away, as I rarely use them.

Last edited by fc (January 8, 2014 10:15 am)

Melbourne, Australia

For the chuckles:

Part of my "studio" when I was artist-in-residence last year.

This was the actual studio space for a quadrophonic sound installation.

Stockholm
trash80 wrote:

Current setup for me.

Nice studios everyone. Mine's a bit like trash80s without all that unnecessary stuff smile

Portland, OR

Ok, I'll play. smile