Coastal Australia

Here's one section of the studio.  Guitar, bass and modular station.  I haven't got a current photo of my surrounding DAW area.  Lots of sound goodies.

Huntington Beach, CA

Nice Axe-FX.  I'm obsessed with my Kemper

And the Children (well most of em)

I have an interface and some monitors too, but the Kemper and the guitars do all the hard work.

Coastal Australia

Nice one!  Have you compared your Kemper to an Axe FX?  I've been a long time Axe FX user.  Totally solved all amp cravings!  Unfortunately it didn't solve my synth cravings.  hmm.  hehe.  I've got way too many guitars to photograph  :-/  My latest fave is my custom hand crafted 8 string from Poland.  Such a beautiful instrument!

Saskatchewan, Canada

rdomain's guitar had me drooling for a moment.

Here is the current setup.

and some new toys from the holidays (irish pennywhistle and a melodica from the family)

Huntington Beach, CA

That guitar is seriously gorgeous.

wow that guitar is one serious piece of art. all i can think of is This Is Spinal Tap.
"Dont touch it! Dont point at it, it cant be played. No, youve seen enough of that one."

Coastal Australia

Thanks peeps. The guitar also feels amazing to play and the tones are incredible. Love it.

And Drumurboy, I kind of actually want a melodica smile

Tacoma WA

melodica's are really fun.  i have one that i don't really use but my 3 year old has had a lot of fun on it.

is it wrong to want a close up on the modular big_smile

Last edited by infradead (February 1, 2014 10:46 pm)

Coastal Australia

Haha.... Definitely not wrong. smile I'll try get a pic up later today.

Saturn

current rig. i'm right now stationed at my family's house so they have a lot of weird shit around, lol. but it's nice to have lots of space to spread out. the meat of the rig is really just the macbook on the right with a large and unnecessary desk. I need better monitors, for sure. i unfortunately can't find the launchpad's USB cable, and I also have a Roland JX-8P (not shown) that I can't find the power supply to either. sad there's also a bunch of guitars not shown either. the table on the left is basically a chiptune station. the keyboard on the left is a DX27 and that's next to a PC that Carl (OxygenStar/Radlib/etc.) built me!

Last edited by an0va (February 2, 2014 4:10 am)

The future

Ugh.. why must I always lust over and then purchase vintage gear!@ .. I just bought a Roland MKS-7 off of ebay for 700$  why!? Why?!

Portland, OR

Thought I'd introduce a few new members of my family. These little guys are from the Patchblocks Kickstarter and they're amazing. :-)

Coastal Australia

Cool!  I've got a Patchblock also but have only played with it briefly.  Any favourite patches?  I think I tried a distortion/filter patch which was my preferred one.  I found the editor a bit buggy.  Probably need to spend a bit more time with it.  I've been spoiling myself with toys this year.  Recent purchases have been the Elektron Octatrack and Analog 4.  Deep devices needing a lot of time to become proficient on them.  Pretty good on the OT now but I need to spend more time with the A4.

Just bought a sequential switch matrix for the modular rig.  Hopefully have that for the weekend.  It'll open up the modular to even more capabilities.  Keen!

Last edited by rdomain (June 23, 2014 1:27 am)

Portland, OR
rdomain wrote:

I've got a Patchblock also but have only played with it briefly.  Any favourite patches?  I think I tried a distortion/filter patch which was my preferred one.  I found the editor a bit buggy.  Probably need to spend a bit more time with it.

I had a sneaking suspicion you might might have gotten in on the Patchblocks. ;-)

I've mostly been messing with generic ideas to get my head around what's possible in the limited RAM. My main focus this weekend was a little granular thing I built using Roll blocks. I used that patch to spruce up my track this week, FWIW.

I think next I'm going to delve into with the user-created Feedback blocks. I think there's some really great options for delay/reverb/grains to be found in there. And yeah, I would love to replace my generic distortion pedal with something better that I build on my own.

I got the rainbow set which opens up a ton more options than a single block. If you're into programming and being a control-freak, these little blocks are just fantastic. Not sure if you poke your head around the forum at that site, but I go by "smirky" over there.

Last edited by Chris Dotson (June 23, 2014 4:36 am)

Coastal Australia

Hehe... indeed.
I haven't been active on the forum there as I haven't really played with it too much tbh.  I've only got the one so I can imagine having several would be pretty cool.  Like everything!!  haha.

I'll have to revisit at some stage. I was contemplating using as an add on to my Tempest.  Not sure yet.  #firstworldproblems  smile

St Louis

lessee, I have a few different sounding electric guitars, 3 different sounding basses, 2 of them fenders one a washburn. I have a wavedrum and a wavedrum mini. a korg poly 800 from the early 80s. a monotron. a thumb piano. a weird little shaker that looks like a little drum. a classical guitar (acoustic electric with eq). an array of pedals including a dan electro black coffee, an ibanez smashbox, a washburn Lyon distortion pedal (kinda like a metal zone), a japanese tube screamer that's called a metal screamer that has a dial called "metallix" on it. a tonebone actual tube distortion pedal, hot british tone. a mole bass boost pedal. a freeze pedal that is awesome and unique. a damaged line 6 delay pedal that pumps out weird shit. i use a focusrite scarlett 18i6 for recording, and also have an outboard analog live mixing board. reaper, live, reaktor, fl studio, soundforge. few more odds and ends of things. I wish I had everything in the same spot in a studio, my stuff is split between several different practice spaces. Vox valvetone practice amp with pedal board switcher, ampeg combo amp with spring reverb and an excellent chorus, marshall halfstack, ampeg 15" combo, ampeg 4x10 with mark bass head, etc.