Gosford, Australia

when it was still tidy. needs better speakers, but the headphones are p great!

also, cat

Sydney, Australia

Melbourne, Australia

I love @lazerbeats sammichsid and midibox central setup...
Awesome to see some renoise screens open as well smile

@The Alastair Collins - Your image is 404'ing

I would love me some two tier keyboard stand action... and a set of studio monitors instead of my TV speakers... but apartment living...

@Phesago - that looks amazing!! so many channels!!!!!!

@CK --- that is one of the most intense rack setup's I have ever seen,
Complete with server case!!

@midimachine jelly of your TB

I have a bit more hardware floating around (like a commodore 64 with MSSIAH cart (but replacing with SmamichSID), and other weird noise making devices.

But I've tried to set my studio up in a way that I'm actually using or have the ability to use bits and pieces of hardware rather than cluttering up my space.

Heres some pics>>
AVE Turntable and Magnum Guitar

OPL3 Laptop (Adlib Tracker), Roland MC303 Groovebox
Roland Keyboard (meh), Gem Organ, Roland TR-505

Geekbench

Greenscreen + Stands + Daylight (For WeeklyVids!)

Behringer EURORACK MX 1602
Electribe ESX
Nintendo Entertainment System (With MIDINES)
Amiga 500 (Protracker)(Octamed)
3x Gameboys with LSDJ + Prosounded and LTC1777 mods
1x MIDI to Gameboy sync box
3x Nintendo DSes (Korg DS-10 and +!) + Homebrew audio + Nitrotracker (for creating gabber rave on the road!)
Audio Laptop Lenovo X200 with (Too many VST's! (But I install them to this machine as to not clug up my main desktop) (The one I take out to write music away from studio)
Video Laptop - Clevo metabox, has 2GB GPU, 16GB Ram, SSD, i7) - This is the one I take out play VJ
Main Desktop, i7, 16GB Ram, SSD Sys and 12TB leech - Usually do my rendering here
Linux Server (Core 2 Duo- (Also my backup fileserver for all my audio or video projects) (But will try some linux soft synths or something for lulz)
Kinect Sensor (I have this thing mapped to OSC...)
Plasma Screen -- Huge, Dunno how huge, just huge.
Yamaha MW10c Mixer
Axiom 49 Keyboard
UMA25S Keyboard

Last edited by Aday (January 9, 2014 4:41 am)

BEHIND YOU, CA

My battlestation, minus some guitars and basses.

Louisville

Not show is the 6 panel Buchla boat I received recently or the music easel I'm still waiting for.

Finland

ppl don't seem to mind acoustics here big_smile

Aday- do you practice circuit bending?

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
BOULDER D4SH wrote:

ppl don't seem to mind acoustics here big_smile

One day, when I'm rich and famous, I plan to build a booth with acoustic dampeners.  Until then, my bedroom is my studio.

Melbourne, Australia

@phesago indeed I do --- That TR-505 is on my todo list to bend..

That gameboy sitting on the bench right now (in pic), with an LTC1777 mod, i'm testing it with different resistance options -- switching between 10k and a 100k between the potentiometer changes pitch variables considerably ... ! (but becomes less stable)

That is awesome. I must admit idont know anything about it really, ive just seen videos of people doing. Merzbow, moog circuit bending contests and random youtube videos are all i have experience with. Though after seeing your pics i thought that you might! Thats is very cool. Ever build your own dyi modular type stuff?

Portland, OR

You don't have to be rich and famous - I turned the closet in my music room into a vocal booth with acoustic baffles for a few hundred bucks (and mounted a 22" LCD in there to duplicate my laptop display) Very effective. I should post some pics when I get home from work.

MJP
nf wrote:

Nice Pomona patch cable holder and Gabbeh rug!

adelaide
DataJanitor wrote:

You don't have to be rich and famous - I turned the closet in my music room into a vocal booth with acoustic baffles for a few hundred bucks (and mounted a 22" LCD in there to duplicate my laptop display) Very effective. I should post some pics when I get home from work.

nice idea with the 22inch lcd. Bluetooth keyboard / mouse combo for control, too? Or phone?

Sydney, Australia
kineticturtle wrote:
nf wrote:

Nice Pomona patch cable holder and Gabbeh rug!

Haha, thanks. Those aren't the things that usually receive comments! :-)

Melbourne, Australia

@phesago i've never even touched a modular rig before...
I'm sure it would be an entirely new rabbit hole

@DataJanitor would love to see a photo of a converted closet to recording booth,
pls post them soon smile)

Portland, OR

Panoramic view of my setup, not the best photo -
[L-R = Lava Lamp, thunder maker, Theremin, vocal booth, PS3, bass, electric guitars, turntable, iPad, Toshiba Qosmio laptop, Ozonic, Lauchpad, V-Drums, various signed musical 'collector's items.'

Closer look at closet vocal booth: