Belfast, Northern Ireland

Hi guys, I uploaded my track last night and it appeared to complete around 11:50pm, but it wasn't there after midnight. It was called "Week 44 - Song 44 - Basically Your Bass Is Basted" any chance it's on the server somewhere? I uploaded it to my site as well, www.songaweekforayear.com but it'd be nice if I could keep my weekly beats run going. Any help with this guys?

Toronto, ON

Is it possible to replace the audio file on a song before the deadline? I've uploading something but have also made a couple tweaks since.

Riverside, CA
Lowgain wrote:

Is it possible to replace the audio file on a song before the deadline? I've uploading something but have also made a couple tweaks since.

Delete the song and reupload.
I had to do this a few times in 2012.

Orlando, FL

find the track in your profile page. It will redirect you to an edit screen where you can delete it

Toronto, ON

Okay cool, I just wasn't sure if I'd be able to reupload if I deleted it.

Thanks!

Chicago, IL
jiffypop23 wrote:
Lowgain wrote:

Delete the song and reupload.
I had to do this a few times in 2012.

This should be added to the FAQ!

Can I  upload this track at my soundcloud too?

Los Angeles
Rahion wrote:

Can I  upload this track at my soundcloud too?

FAQ wrote:

‹ Can I submit a old song? Can I start now?
The idea is that you should create a new submission each week. If you have unfinished or unreleased work that you have finished during the given week, you are welcome to submit it. But remember, submitting it elsewhere before the counter finishes that week kind of spoils the idea a bit. You are of course welcome to do whatever you want with your material. It's just encouraged to allow everyones submissions to be released at the same time.

So basically yes, totally- it's your music- Do with it what you want. Though if it were me I would release my stuff on soundcloud when the track is available here too (When the counter finishes) to keep with the spirit of the idea.

India

I want to reupload my song with some changes, do I need to delete old upload before I can do so?

Just SORTED... sorry. big_smile Dont bother replying..

Last edited by RokZRooM (January 5, 2014 2:05 pm)

Pittsburgh, PA

Attempting an upload with Google Chrome OS X, and the progressBarStatus is "Security Error" after I select my file for upload.  It's a 13.6MB .mp3 at 256kbps, and I've turned my firewall off and chmod'd 777 for this upload.

Update: fixed, by installing the system-wide Flash player, instead of relying on Chrome's built-in Flash player.

Last edited by onezero (January 5, 2014 5:52 pm)

My Upload Calcium is missing. Where is it?

NSW

Dear Admins – can I upload a cover (assuming I have obtained permission from the originator to cover the work in the first instance)?

Last edited by popsicle (January 7, 2014 10:51 am)

Riverside, CA
Poppi wrote:

Dear Admins – can I upload a cover (assuming I have obtained permission from the originator to cover the work in the first instance)?

FAQ wrote:

You may upload a cover if:
- You have the permission of the copyright holder.
- The original work was released under a license which allows derivative works, ie, CC-BY or BY-NC-SA
- The original work is public domain.
If you upload a cover of a song which infringes copyright we will probably have to take it down.

I hope this doesn't come off mean but...how do I know my music won't be stolen by any of the members? Can I choose to have my music not be downloaded? I don't mind it being listened to of course but I don't want any "will,I.steal" situations happening.

I uploaded a song for week 1. vanished. was titled villa.

The future
stereowars wrote:

I uploaded a song for week 1. vanished. was titled villa.

If your track didnt show up, it was probably reviewed as containing questionably copyrighted material.