Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

Vestige

By Tone Matrix on December 27, 2020 8:55 pm

Stumbled to the finish line.  It sure has been a memorable year.  Thanks to everyone that took the time to listen and comment this year.  I appreciate all your support.  Have a great 2021!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
December 28, 2020 12:51 am

Likewise, Happy 2021! And awesome work on this last track of 2020. smile

December 28, 2020 5:34 am

That's a very cinematic track. I like how you use what sounds like reverted samples/lines. Nice final track!

December 28, 2020 1:14 pm

I love your music very much and I would be happy to hear more of your stuff in 2022. Your last song is an gentle grower and spreading lovely feelings of hope and grace for the future. Thank you for that.
I recommend the following song as the fitting intro, as it was in my random WB-playlist.
https://weeklybeats.com/m2k7/music/wb52

December 28, 2020 5:15 pm

My head's bopping to the beat of the arps! Lots of movement in the layers.  You always put a lot under the hood of your tracks... It's been a pleasure listening this year and happy to see (hear) you at the finish line.  Maybe our paths will cross again in 2022.  Best wishes for the new year and new projects! - Mike

December 28, 2020 7:52 pm

I've been following your work for a few years of WeeklyBeats now and continue to really enjoy it.  You've truly mastered your style and just bring great, beautiful, fully-formed cinematic pieces to the table week after week.  This one is certainly no exception.  Good luck going forward and I hope to continue to be able to follow your work. 

December 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Great one to finish the year, has an uplifting feel and the beat gets you moving.  Congratulations on a great year of music, I know in your posts you are sometimes hard on yourself, but seriously man you make some killer music!  Every week you are one of the artists I look forward to hearing, obviously the Reznor essence is there but you totally have your own distinct sound.  Have a great year!

December 31, 2020 3:32 am

A lovely ending track for the year! Soaring. The arpeggio is so catchy. It's uplifting and propulsive, and cinematic. I always look forward to hearing your creations here as well. You have your own style and it's grand! And a lot of talent in production, composing and playing. I could listen to your stuff all the time. Hope you release some out where we can stream it! Also always dig your images. Will look for you out on Insta, and again here next year. Have a great new year. Cheers to the music!

December 31, 2020 9:59 pm

I like that reverse piano, it adds a very strong effect.

You made it man, congratulations. Happy new year.

January 1, 2021 7:18 pm
Reilly Farrell wrote:

Likewise, Happy 2021! And awesome work on this last track of 2020. smile


Thanks you too Happy 2021!

Kedbreak136 wrote:

That's a very cinematic track. I like how you use what sounds like reverted samples/lines. Nice final track!


Thank you!  The reversed sample was a last min happy accident that I thought might give it something a bit extra to flesh things out.  Happy 2021!

Q-Rosh wrote:

I love your music very much and I would be happy to hear more of your stuff in 2022. Your last song is an gentle grower and spreading lovely feelings of hope and grace for the future. Thank you for that.
I recommend the following song as the fitting intro, as it was in my random WB-playlist.
https://weeklybeats.com/m2k7/music/wb52


Awesome thank you for saying that, it means a lot to hear those kind comments.  You're right that mk27 track is very fitting, he always has such cool cinematic tracks. Happy 2021!

NWSPR wrote:

My head's bopping to the beat of the arps! Lots of movement in the layers.  You always put a lot under the hood of your tracks... It's been a pleasure listening this year and happy to see (hear) you at the finish line.  Maybe our paths will cross again in 2022.  Best wishes for the new year and new projects! - Mike


Thank you!  I really appreciate all your comments and listening and have enjoyed listening to your tracks this year too.  Happy 2021!

CosmicCairns wrote:

I've been following your work for a few years of WeeklyBeats now and continue to really enjoy it.  You've truly mastered your style and just bring great, beautiful, fully-formed cinematic pieces to the table week after week.  This one is certainly no exception.  Good luck going forward and I hope to continue to be able to follow your work.


Thank you that's great to hear.  I've always appreciated your comments ever since my first WB year.  Thanks again for all the positivity throughout these WB years.  Happy 2021!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Great one to finish the year, has an uplifting feel and the beat gets you moving.  Congratulations on a great year of music, I know in your posts you are sometimes hard on yourself, but seriously man you make some killer music!  Every week you are one of the artists I look forward to hearing, obviously the Reznor essence is there but you totally have your own distinct sound.  Have a great year!


Thank you Jason!  Yeah I'm my own worst enemy tongue  Reading your comments this year has been uplifting and confidence building so I def appreciate that.  Also duh always a fan of hearing your laid back gritty vibes.  Happy 2021!

miraclemiles wrote:

A lovely ending track for the year! Soaring. The arpeggio is so catchy. It's uplifting and propulsive, and cinematic. I always look forward to hearing your creations here as well. You have your own style and it's grand! And a lot of talent in production, composing and playing. I could listen to your stuff all the time. Hope you release some out where we can stream it! Also always dig your images. Will look for you out on Insta, and again here next year. Have a great new year. Cheers to the music!


Thank you for saying that.  I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.  See ya on IG!  Happy 2021!

Devieus wrote:

I like that reverse piano, it adds a very strong effect.

You made it man, congratulations. Happy new year.


Thank you!  It's been a wild ride yet again smile  The rev piano was a last min thang but glad I slapped it in there.  Thanks again and Happy 2021!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I just wanted to say thanks again to trash80 and all the mods who run this awesome site.  Without this place I wouldn't have had the constant inspiration and motivation to get music done.  I know I usually freak myself out most of these years but in the end I always find myself missing the camaraderie that is present on WB.  Now that it's over I'm like "woah now what!"" *hides under pillow*
I kinda wish week 51 was my 52 track because I felt like I stumbled yet again with the final track.  But that's the beauty of WB, some weeks it hits just right and some well you need a lil more inspiration to maybe churn something out. 
Ok rambling ceasing meow, but I hope you all have a great 2021.  I'm hoping to release at least 1 album or an ep this year.  But I don't wanna jinx my goals lol shhhh. 
PS.. if you haven't already, check out orange drink's shoutout for this year.  Truly awesome! (hopefully i don't butcher the link otherwise i'll repost below)

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up