Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Ninhydrin

By Tone Matrix on February 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Here's a short sort of tension building track for my imaginary truecrime soundtrack.  I know it probably could have been a bit more developed or longer in length but meh, sometimes a tiny track is permissible tongue Thanks for listening!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Share Alike (BY-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
February 17, 2020 2:22 am

Right off the bat it has that ominous vibe down perfectly.  This really does need to soundtrack a true crime show.

February 18, 2020 10:10 am

Have you ever actually soundtracked films before? Maybe I have asked this already. You've got the skills.

February 18, 2020 3:31 pm

Sounds are very cool here... I love this eeriness smile

February 20, 2020 2:21 am

Would do sophisticated mastermind crimes again.

February 21, 2020 3:47 pm
Ryan wrote:

Have you ever actually soundtracked films before? Maybe I have asked this already. You've got the skills.

Unfortunately no sad  The closest I've come is having an old track used in a 2004 indie film called "An Uzi at the Alamo".  I was a friend of a friend of the director/actor Chris Sparling so that's how I got lucky and got a chance.  He had asked for a track to go with a scene of a cop pulling someone over and gave me some reference tracks for ideas.  I'm not sure I nailed it cuz I never got any further opportunities.  I'm also terrible at getting my music out there.  I either need to find a good music library/licensing site or work on my social emailing skillz cuz I would absolutely love to work on anything independent.  Especially something dark and documentary-like.  If anyone has any advice lemme know!  But yea if you're curious here's where the track is https://youtu.be/MtxcdMKfjjk?t=1064
Thanks for listening to my music and my rants! tongue

February 21, 2020 3:50 pm


Sorry here's a clickable link.  The track comes in around the 17:45 mark.

February 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Your tracks are now an anticipated staple of my weekly beat roundup. Love how much the imagination runs away while listening to your stuff and this week is no exception. This feels like the build as someone is uncovering the big twist before the credits leave you wishing next week would get here sooner (or spamming the play next on Netflix I guess)

February 22, 2020 7:31 am

So much tension here, but still winds down at the end, it's very cinematic.

February 22, 2020 8:10 pm

February 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Feels like the ultimate advance towards the end boss' lair, getting ready for that final confrontation, I love it!

February 28, 2020 3:52 pm
CosmicCairns wrote:

Right off the bat it has that ominous vibe down perfectly.  This really does need to soundtrack a true crime show.

Ryan wrote:

Have you ever actually soundtracked films before? Maybe I have asked this already. You've got the skills.

theGuen wrote:

Sounds are very cool here... I love this eeriness smile

scottux wrote:

Your tracks are now an anticipated staple of my weekly beat roundup. Love how much the imagination runs away while listening to your stuff and this week is no exception. This feels like the build as someone is uncovering the big twist before the credits leave you wishing next week would get here sooner (or spamming the play next on Netflix I guess)

Devieus wrote:

So much tension here, but still winds down at the end, it's very cinematic.

Ipaghost wrote:

Gab Manette wrote:

Feels like the ultimate advance towards the end boss' lair, getting ready for that final confrontation, I love it!


Thanks everyone for listening and your nice comments, I really appreciate you taking the time smile

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up