Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Big Love

By mikememo on February 16, 2020 7:18 pm

Put this together pretty quick this afternoon ... just a little jam, sprinkled in some samples from low quality recordings of demonzor.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 17, 2020 12:33 am

I LIKE DIIIISSS.

Honored to be sampled in another one of your WBs.   That glitchy breakdown section before the reversals is really fuggin sweet

February 17, 2020 1:26 am
demonzor wrote:

I LIKE DIIIISSS.


Can't agree more. This is unreal man. Your sampling and producing is second to none.

February 17, 2020 2:11 am

Dude this is fucking cool, is this all sampled?  Everything fits together so well.  We need to have a Chicagoland WB dudes meet up soon, I dont know dick about sampling and would love to hear how you put something like this together.

February 17, 2020 3:29 am

Yeah this is fuckin' awesome, especially for having it done this afternoon.  The samples are so good.

Chrisfoo wrote:

We need to have a Chicagoland WB dudes meet up soon, I dont know dick about sampling and would love to hear how you put something like this together.

Agreed.  I've tried rackin' @mikememo's and @demonzor's brain on this and feel like there's still so much to learn.

February 17, 2020 3:36 am
Chrisfoo wrote:

Dude this is fucking cool, is this all sampled?  Everything fits together so well.  We need to have a Chicagoland WB dudes meet up soon, I dont know dick about sampling and would love to hear how you put something like this together.


Def need the chicagoland WB meetup soon!
And thanks ... vocals are sampled, drums are just one shot samples, and the main pad/key thing is something I built in DirectWave to kinda simulate a mellotron.

February 17, 2020 3:29 pm

The bass!!! So funky big_smile Particularly like the breakdown close to the end, very fun jam!

February 19, 2020 12:00 am
mikememo wrote:
Chrisfoo wrote:

Dude this is fucking cool, is this all sampled?  Everything fits together so well.  We need to have a Chicagoland WB dudes meet up soon, I dont know dick about sampling and would love to hear how you put something like this together.


Def need the chicagoland WB meetup soon!
And thanks ... vocals are sampled, drums are just one shot samples, and the main pad/key thing is something I built in DirectWave to kinda simulate a mellotron.

Agreed with the meet up. Lets work on a date.  DirectWave you say...I'd like to know more about this. Kudos to the entire track. I cant get over how sick the intro and outro sound. Like Foo said, I'd love see how you piece something like this together.

February 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Fun vibe on this one.  Puts a spring into my step.

February 24, 2020 2:41 am

> just a little jam,

> sprinkled in some samples from low quality recordings of demonzor.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up