WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Tone Matrix's music / In The Beginning, It Is Always Dark

In The Beginning, It Is Always Dark

By Tone Matrix on January 28, 2018 11:52 pm

Another dark slow moving track this week.  Similar to last week, the piano and e.piano are from the RD-700GX.  The bassline and a few fx tracks are coming from my temperamental Access Virus C.  It likes to randomly spaz out and cause migraines!  But thankfully I wrangled it in enough to finish this track.  It's a bit of a slow moving track that trudges along, so I I kept getting the Swamp of Sadness imagery in my head from 'The Never-ending Story'.  At least that's how I felt by the end uploading this! Thanks for listening, keep pushing on!

January 29, 2018 1:40 am

Gorgeous piece! Love the atmosphere it creates.

January 29, 2018 2:16 am

Yeah it totally has that Neverending Story feel to it.  That scene traumatized me as a kid.  Great work, though!

January 29, 2018 7:15 am

Mesmerized...

January 29, 2018 11:38 am

Nice one... Epic sound perfect for a movie. And perfect for that particular scene.... had it on youtube while listening.

January 29, 2018 4:22 pm

Indeed, my mind had blocked that scene because it was so scary as a child. Epic work as usual, very emotional.

Hope you tame that sadness and that Access Virus C... is it that good compared to other synths, nowadays?

January 29, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks, that was pretty stirring.

January 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Beautiful sad stuff.

January 31, 2018 9:35 pm

It's so ominous. Great work.

February 1, 2018 5:11 am

Cinematic, can close my eyes and all kinds of imagery come to mind

February 1, 2018 11:35 pm

really beautiful track, that even eighth-note synth (or staccato string?) bass line really makes the piece drive in a cinematic way. and the piano parts are just wonderful!

February 2, 2018 5:52 am

Another great piece, well done. I thoroughly enjoyed the percussive elements in particular. Very tasteful, very effective.

February 9, 2018 3:01 pm
Martiln wrote:

Gorgeous piece! Love the atmosphere it creates.

CosmicCairns wrote:

Shakaboyd wrote:

Mesmerized...

Nestrogen wrote:

Thanks, that was pretty stirring.

Q-Rosh wrote:

Beautiful sad stuff.

Devieus wrote:

It's so ominous. Great work.

Jason Nijjer wrote:

Cinematic, can close my eyes and all kinds of imagery come to mind

Parallelis wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Thank you for your kind comments and listening!  smile

February 9, 2018 3:03 pm
laguna wrote:

Thanks! I wish I didn't have so much trouble with it lately, but yes it is a pretty powerful synth.  Tons of sounds and lots of cool pads and leads.  It can sound a bit digital at times, especially with the filter but overall it's a good synth.  But when it goes into it's panic freak out state (freezes) it totally ruins the creative process smile  Maybe someday I'll be able to afford sending it off for repair but for now it's the moodiest of synths smile kinda like me! tongue