In a Haze

By Tone Matrix on September 16, 2018 10:40 pm

This week's track got started thanks to Ableton 10's new "capture" feature. *high five*  I was having trouble coming up with anything and then I accidentally played the main piano line.  Hit the capture button and I was off!  One of the few tracks where I used a lil bit of each piece of gear since I now have them all hooked up via midi at the same time (yay no more cable-swapping).  Piano from the Roland RD-700GX, Arp from the Virus C, Bass from duh the bass station2 and wavetable pads from Ableton.  Also a tiny cr78 drumkit and Spitfire's soft piano on the bass piano.  Thanks for listening as always! smile

September 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Quite relaxing.

September 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Well constructed and richly melodic. This goes on my playlist.

September 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Feels like i'm lazily flying over a Tokyo on a cloudless day

September 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Favorited! I loved it from beginning to end, the subtle synth stabs, the reverse piano, noise passes, it's just so beautiful heart

September 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Yeah, this one's definitely a keeper.  I like the way it builds into a huge sound while still retaining its relaxing quality.

September 20, 2018 8:59 pm

Very very nice smile good textures, lovely piano. Neat you discovered the Capture feature, its become an integral part of my process now.

September 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Wonderful atmospheric track! (From reading about it Capture seems like a very nice way to be creative.)

October 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Very cohesive sound and arrangement. It sounds like you were enjoying yourself!

That "wall of piano" and all those pieces in reverse were really something!

One of your bests from WB'18, IMHO smile