WeeklyBeats.com / Music / theGuen's music / Construction of a star

Construction of a star

By theGuen on July 1, 2018 9:41 pm

This one just happend to me one evening wink
I wanted to add some bass but didn't come up with something really fitting.
I like that the drums and the synth sound a bit unrelated. Everything i played, tied them together... so i decided that it stays as it is...
Besides some synths and a handfull of samples you maybe hear the "pink trombone". Thanks Jim Wood, this thing is really cool...

Hope you enjoy...
Have a nice week and lots of sun!!!

July 2, 2018 12:15 am

I didn't really miss the bass actually.  It had a really sleek feel to it and the vocal samples worked really well.

July 2, 2018 12:44 am

That vocal sample is so other worldly! Love all the pitch shifty delay effects and swells. Another very cool space jam!

July 2, 2018 1:36 am

Your use of the "Pink" is truly sublime. Nicely laid-back piece overall!

July 2, 2018 3:04 am

Chilled, eerie atmosphere, I like it a lot. I didn't miss the bass either, it feels complete without it.

July 2, 2018 7:40 pm

I'd've expted it to be a bit more violent with a title like that. Nuclear fusion is not a friendly process.

Nice work on the synths.

July 2, 2018 8:06 pm

I've been playing the Lumines remastered game this past week and this track would fit on there really well. very nice vibes, and i don't hear anywhere that a bass would really add anything. cool sounds!

July 3, 2018 9:56 am

Great track.
I didn't mind the bass at all. It sounded nice and sparse like this. There was a lot of room this way for the atmosphere.

July 4, 2018 3:05 am

July 8, 2018 10:34 pm

Sweet groove with an eerie atmosphere. The absence of bass leaves room for everything else to breathe. Well done!

July 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Lovely spacey atmosphere and laid back feel.  It reminded me a bit of Plaid's "manyme" from my fav album of theirs' "double figure".  Not so much the chords but the instrumentation with the live drum feel, the organ pad and the spacious vox.  Yais i like!

July 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Great synth work on this one, definitely has a cosmic feel to it, vocals greatly add to the mood