Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Ryan's music / A Fierce and Brutal Cavefish

A Fierce and Brutal Cavefish

By Ryan on May 20, 2018 2:15 pm

My name is Ryan and I like Surf Music.

My baritone really doesn't want to stay clean so this week is thrash surf week.

Not my most successful experiment, I think next week I will return to more standard fare.

Pretty stoked on this cover image though..

May 21, 2018 1:29 am

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Shx7G1k1TT0Ri/giphy.gif[/url]

May 21, 2018 1:29 am

(Grrrrrrrr...)

Loving the fierceness and that dirty baritone.

May 21, 2018 2:22 am

That image is sweet as hell (pun fully intended.)  The track has a nice gritty intensity to it as well.

May 21, 2018 6:44 am

It could be more brutal. Maybe have some distortion on it as well?

May 21, 2018 6:49 am
Devieus wrote:

It could be more brutal. Maybe have some distortion on it as well?

I did mix up a version of this where I ran the baritone through some really high gain amps. It sounded fantastic but I felt I needed to stay true to my surf roots and backed off the gain. What a fool!

May 21, 2018 12:57 pm
Ryan wrote:
Devieus wrote:

It could be more brutal. Maybe have some distortion on it as well?

Usually what I do when I have that is I mix them together into a sort of hybrid instrument, maybe do some creative panning, that way I can have it both ways.

May 21, 2018 5:54 pm

I wish I could have the mustang. Great fast trashsurf, sir.

May 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Perfect cover image, and a great thrashing surf track! Well done!

May 22, 2018 2:49 am

Fuck yes! This is my jam. Favorited and downloaded.

May 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Absolute tune, the tom rolls are mesmerising. I love the tone of the fast baritone, I could definitely listen to more in this style heart

May 23, 2018 7:37 am

Ups... Hadbangin in the train to this one until i noticed people giving me strange looks smile
Nice one!

May 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Yaaaaaaaas! Makes me want to play DOOM with that sweet flamethrowing guitar you've got in the pic. With this you'd fit right in with the show I'm going to see on Friday hehehe smile

May 23, 2018 2:23 pm
Gab Manette wrote:

Awesome! The Surfrajettes are a great band! I'll have to check out Aloha from Hell such a great band name.

May 23, 2018 3:10 pm
Ryan wrote:

Oh actually that's the name of the event, but doesn't make it any less awesome hehehehe

May 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Excellent jams as always!  I love the sound of that baritone.  If there was an organ does that knock it out of the thrash category? I heard an organ in my head right at the end lol.  The beats are awesome!  HIgh FIvuh!

May 28, 2018 10:47 am

Stay brutal.  Feed that kid to the cavefish.