WeeklyBeats.com / Music / royb0t's music / snares are illegal (022220_140bpm)

snares are illegal (022220_140bpm)

By royb0t on February 23, 2020 7:24 pm

About a year ago, I went out to some warehouse party where it was just nonstop slammin techno. The headliner was the Function (David Sumner), who started at 1am and I can't believe I stayed until like 4:30am before wandering to the El and riding it home as the sun rose. Anyway, it was a neat albeit different experience outside of my usual stompin' grounds. I was pretty impressed with how minimal the sounds pallets were, while maintaining clean and balanced frequencies with these humongous four-to-the-floor basskicks constantly slamming. I also noticed none of the tracks really made use of snares. As if they were illegal (oh, there's the title). I took a whirl at this, it's not quite as crisp given the time limitations but it was fun. Also I couldn't help myself though. Had to add an acid bassline. Most of the percussion was created in Maschine.

Don't hit this tempo too often, usually I'm around 100-130bpm or 175bpm+. A fun tidbit, FLStudio for years had the default template upon open set to 140bpm. I'm certain this is why dubstep was always around that tempo. But yeah, I prefer techno instead. Definitely a driving and unending source of fun. Might hafta do some more this year I think!

February 24, 2020 12:22 am

Can always rely on you for some pumpin' goodness. Love this!

February 24, 2020 2:00 am

Works great with me, who needs a snare when he can put noise with a delay instead. wink . very cool exiting track.

February 24, 2020 3:25 am

Cool track man. I'm loving this bass line, its get so squelchy in the 2nd half.  Good to see another Chicago dude here as well.

February 24, 2020 2:48 pm

Slammin! Great energy from just the kick. Really cool challenge and excellent results.

February 24, 2020 6:20 pm

great groove!  Hell yeah!  Filtered squelchy madness!   Killllaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

February 26, 2020 9:50 pm

February 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Excellent production and I couldn't help but dance along when that acid line kicked in.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/9H8VBfPa0vnLW" width="480" height="358" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/9H8VBfPa0vnLW">via GIPHY</a></p>

February 28, 2020 4:12 pm

Oops and this is why I'm not a gifxpert like da ipa! DOH!

February 28, 2020 4:47 pm

I think i got it!?

February 29, 2020 4:15 pm

There was a surprising number of acid submissions this week, and this one was my favorite.

March 1, 2020 4:26 pm