Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / roboctopus's music / Better Living Through Stasis (2020)

Better Living Through Stasis (2020)

By roboctopus on January 19, 2020 9:21 pm

I was working on another Octatrack/Digitone jam, but then found an LSDJ .sav file I'd been looking for since late 2012.

This track was originally submitted for WeeklyBeats 2012. Back then it was a loosely structured LSDJ  jam, just me switching patterns in live mode. I wanted to finish it and include it on my album disco.txt, but during a motherboard failure and computer rebuild, the .sav file got lost. I found it Wednesday on an old flash drive and decided to try and finish it.

I am still tweaking things but I think it's close to actually being done. Mostly levels, smoothing out transitions, etc.

Quick recording from two Game Boy Advance SPs that are hella noisy.

January 20, 2020 12:48 am

This is so catchy! Some really great stereo stuff going on. I love the echo stuff you have especially in that little middle break!

January 20, 2020 12:49 am

fuck that end bit is sick too!

January 20, 2020 12:56 am

Always love to hear the LSDJ stuff from you, super bouncy jam! Had me dancing the whole way through smile

January 20, 2020 10:47 pm

January 21, 2020 2:50 am

Brilliant! I think I remember this track actually. The harmonies are so rich.

January 21, 2020 4:13 am

This is so lovely! I'm so glad you found it! What a tale!

January 24, 2020 1:21 am

I love rediscovering songs that I started a long time ago.

Dope song.

January 26, 2020 9:10 am

Compared to the old one, the lower tempo really sounds nice, not quite as messy.

January 26, 2020 9:44 pm
Jamatar wrote:

Thanks! Love me some fake echoes haha.

Mortistar wrote:

Thank ya!

KEY BLUE wrote:

Brilliant! I think I remember this track actually. The harmonies are so rich.

thankee!

theemeraldruby wrote:

This is so lovely! I'm so glad you found it! What a tale!

Thanks! It was a rollercoaster haha.

Laohu wrote:

I love rediscovering songs that I started a long time ago.

Dope song.

Yeah, it's always great to find something like that...if it doesn't suck XD

Devieus wrote:

Agreed. 2020 me is more down with slower tempos for sure!