Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

week3

By theGuen on January 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Uh this week i was very busy and put this together on my phone...
Synth sounds are from the mikrokorg. I don't know i guess i didn't accomplish what i wanted to do... But that's what i've done this week...


Have a good week all of you!

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 20, 2020 12:11 am

the wonky shuffle on the beat sounds so good. love all the cool sounds cut into the gaps on this. big bass!

January 20, 2020 1:55 am

This reminds me I still need to bust out my microkorg this year.  It might not be what you were going for, but it still ended up cool.  Sometimes I like when I don't get what I was trying because what I get instead can be more interesting.

January 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Don't be hard on yourself, dude! Doing this with your phone!?! That's amazing! Still sounds awesome to me! And there's always next week. it's cool you managed to still come up with somethign!

January 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Very cool, loving that Flying Lotus feel smile out of curiousity what app did you use on your phone?

January 22, 2020 9:50 am
midimachine wrote:

the wonky shuffle on the beat sounds so good. love all the cool sounds cut into the gaps on this. big bass!


Thank you ! Cutting samples and sounds into a beat is always fun smile

CosmicCairns wrote:

This reminds me I still need to bust out my microkorg this year.  It might not be what you were going for, but it still ended up cool.  Sometimes I like when I don't get what I was trying because what I get instead can be more interesting.


Thanks cosmic! Yeah i started with the mocrokorg one evening... I thought a dozen times about selling it... but no i think i would regret it after some month smile

dj someguy wrote:

Don't be hard on yourself, dude! Doing this with your phone!?! That's amazing! Still sounds awesome to me! And there's always next week. it's cool you managed to still come up with somethign!


Ja no i am not punishing myself wink It's just the chords get a bit annoying when you listen a dozen times... So on Sunday evening i wasn't very convinced...
But for this year i want to present what i am doing not what i want to do... So maybe you will hear some more things like this wink

AdB wrote:

Very cool, loving that Flying Lotus feel smile out of curiousity what app did you use on your phone?


Wow thanks! FlyLo rocks smile I just got the koala sampler... Really a fun tool even on a tiny 4 inch screen

January 23, 2020 3:16 pm

I still want a Microkorg lol.

This might have been rushed, but the vibe is good. Cool chords, start stops, nice!

January 23, 2020 10:21 pm

well this is super fun!

January 24, 2020 4:09 am

This sounds complete and not rushed to me, what apps did you use?  Like the use of all the little sound bites, keeps everything interesting

January 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Unglaublich! So fette Sounds und ein verdammt lässiger Beat aus einer Telefon-App!!!! Ich kann es kaum glauben. Auf jeden Fall hat die Nummer Hand und Fuß. Ein Genuss mit Kopfhörern. Weiter so!!!

January 25, 2020 6:59 pm

The amount of complexity this has for a tune made on a phone is amazing. Hope you get some more free time soon!

January 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Ah yes, I like that warbly sound. Like the voices. Cool vibe. Great job pulling it off on phone.

January 26, 2020 7:56 pm
roboctopus wrote:

I still want a Microkorg lol.

This might have been rushed, but the vibe is good. Cool chords, start stops, nice!


smile Thanks get one it's a little older now you should be able to find one on the bay... I just tried a microfreak some weeks ago that thing is cool too and a bit more hands on maybe:)

kaedo sevaada wrote:

well this is super fun!


smile nice... thank you!

Jason Nijjer wrote:

This sounds complete and not rushed to me, what apps did you use?  Like the use of all the little sound bites, keeps everything interesting


Thanks man! It's Koala sampler... the bits and pieces are mostly from a gaming fx kit i found somewhere.

Q-Rosh wrote:

Unglaublich! So fette Sounds und ein verdammt lässiger Beat aus einer Telefon-App!!!! Ich kann es kaum glauben. Auf jeden Fall hat die Nummer Hand und Fuß. Ein Genuss mit Kopfhörern. Weiter so!!!


smile Cool, danke Dir!

hieme wrote:

The amount of complexity this has for a tune made on a phone is amazing. Hope you get some more free time soon!


Thanks! Yeah i really like to play some real instruments soon smile

miraclemiles wrote:

Ah yes, I like that warbly sound. Like the voices. Cool vibe. Great job pulling it off on phone.


Thanks al lot!

January 27, 2020 3:49 am

This is great. I love the colorful, supple textures.

January 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Digging the laid back feel of the drums especially that gritty bass towards the later half.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up