WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Podling's music / Domesticated in the New World

Domesticated in the New World

By Podling on February 1, 2020 1:10 pm

My starting point this week was to sit at my digital piano, blindfolded, no volume. I hit record and improvised a few silent minutes then sat and listened / edited / looped sections. A lot of it is 'as is', some is tweaked. Peace!

(I made a video as well)

This submission is licensed by author under Copyright All rights reserved

February 3, 2020 7:45 pm

I remember you doing some blindfolded improvs last time around and thought it was a cool idea then, too.  Although I think the no volume thing might be a new twist.  I might have to try it sometime, but I feel like I would likely end up with some sort of garbage in no-identifiable key, which this track is certainly not.  I'm guessing you're able to spin a lot of gold through the editing/looping process.  Regardless, it sounds really good and the video is cool, too.

February 3, 2020 9:09 pm

Beautiful. If I tried something blindfolded with no volume it would come out as complete nonsense. Very impressive!

February 4, 2020 9:50 am

Very very peaceful... your working method sounds great! Must try that sometime. You seem to have good muscle memory

February 4, 2020 10:48 pm

cool improv!  the video is really neat!

February 4, 2020 11:35 pm

That is a super good idea! And it came out great too. Pretty. Enjoyed that video too, nice work. Subbied to your tubie channel as well!

February 5, 2020 11:49 am

You're definitely hitting the right notes.

February 11, 2020 1:55 am

The pads are great. Very smooth track.