Weeklybeats 2020 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 7,500 music compositions by over 300 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Nyarlos's music / Dollar Conscious

Dollar Conscious

By Nyarlos on April 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Another teenager reflection. There were only a few punk bands that I could hack back in my young years, but I had a lot of skater friends, so I think I absorbed a lot just by osmosis. But now, and back then, the pennywise style was my favourite, them and a few others that did the real fast tight skate style, so I totally knocked that off, then played silly leads instead of nasal vocals.

Changing it up from last week, where it was all pedals, this week its only amps, my Fender Machete (criminally underrated) and my Mesa Triaxis 1st for leads.

Skate it up.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
April 27, 2020 12:45 am

Got a lot of nostalgia from this track. Feel like you really captured the feel of the rhythm guitars from back then. smile

April 27, 2020 6:09 am

That bass sound!!! How did you do that? Good mix and nice job on the lead! It makes me want to play tony hawk pro skater!

April 27, 2020 4:39 pm

Super rad! Clean clean well produced mix and retains all the energy and power.  You got skillz. Badd ass leads! Downloading smile

April 27, 2020 7:17 pm

This is sickkkkkk

April 28, 2020 12:46 am
hent03 wrote:

Got a lot of nostalgia from this track. Feel like you really captured the feel of the rhythm guitars from back then. smile

Very much a 90s vibe lol

Kedbreak136 wrote:

That bass sound!!! How did you do that? Good mix and nice job on the lead! It makes me want to play tony hawk pro skater!

Thanks dude, THPS was definitely an influence. Bass track is just Bias FX, but also the other important thing which all bass players dread: New Strings!!!

April 28, 2020 9:32 am
Nyarlos wrote:

Thanks dude, THPS was definitely an influence. Bass track is just Bias FX, but also the other important thing which all bass players dread: New Strings!!!


Ah new strings! Yes, that might help indeed. Will have to think about it. Maybe next year.
Congrats on this badass track!

May 3, 2020 3:38 pm

That's some powerful energy coming off of this. Great stuff.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up