WeeklyBeats.com / Music / NWSPR's music / I Have Laser Beam Eyes

I Have Laser Beam Eyes

By NWSPR on April 1, 2018 11:57 pm

Quick ad lib all recorded on a Arturia Microbrute monophonic synth with my old standby Roland TR-626.

April 2, 2018 12:53 am

Great sounds; good use of the vocal snip. Yes, you do.

April 2, 2018 2:39 am

whoa this is wild, love how gritty (yet almost hollow-sounding?) those lead synths are. percussion is particularly great in here too, love that punchy snare and its pitched up c-78 sounding counterpart (I suppose that's the TR-626 talking haha).

April 2, 2018 7:56 am

This is awesome! Gritty but also fun

April 2, 2018 7:18 pm

This was great but the outro really made it awesome for me!  Love that switch up.  I really wanted the B-52s to sing on this track.

April 4, 2018 12:06 pm

Like orangedrink, i'm thinking beehives and go-go boots... yeah! smile

April 4, 2018 6:33 pm

Pew pew.

April 5, 2018 9:33 pm

Great track! Definitely gives me a B-52s vibe. A very good vibe. :-)

April 9, 2018 12:53 am
Jim Wood wrote:

Great sounds; good use of the vocal snip. Yes, you do.

Thanks! Bringing back the AT&T Text to Speech Synthesis!

Parallelis wrote:

Yes, the French produce a filthy synthesizer! I ran the drums through a secondary vocoder patch for the hollow sound while the main 626 is fattened with gated reverb.

Avarine wrote:

This is awesome! Gritty but also fun

Thanks!

orangedrink wrote:

Thanks! I had more planned for the outro but the laws of the physical universe and weekly beats wouldn't allow it. I'll have give it the Fred Schneider treatment someday in the future!

frostyjr2 wrote:

Like orangedrink, i'm thinking beehives and go-go boots... yeah!

My wife won't let me wear my go-go boots in the house anymore but I may have to do the beehive for any live performances. Thanks!

Devieus wrote:

Pew pew.

Plantrain wrote:

Great track! Definitely gives me a B-52s vibe. A very good vibe. :-)

Thanks for listening!

April 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Wonderful! I love the juxtaposition of powerful and aggressive synths with the playful compo, top notch smile

May 6, 2018 3:38 pm