WeeklyBeats.com / Music / ngineer's music / A Cautionary Tale

A Cautionary Tale

By ngineer on April 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Dubes shares a story about an experience in his car.

Drawing by Jim Harrington based on an interpretation by Dubes of the thumbnail of the image "Ship's Cat" by Keith Spangle, visible below. Do you see it?

April 13, 2020 12:02 am

That'll never happen, I don't have an iPhone.

Nice sound designs.

April 13, 2020 12:03 am

Lol this story about the phone in the pumpkin pie filling is ridiculous. "Sank in like quicksand-sand-sand-sand" haha. As far as the music, I really like the increase of energy in the last half. Also that bass sounds really good too, like a drill.

April 13, 2020 12:04 am

I could not have forseen what this tale would be about even if I tried really hard hahahahaha! Great presentation for the anecdote, I like those synths and the thick delays! Poor phone!

April 13, 2020 12:15 am

This could happen to YOU. Super fun track, nice job!

April 13, 2020 1:12 am
Devieus wrote:

That'll never happen, I don't have an iPhone.

Nice sound designs.

Lol but you do have the can of pumpkin pie filling in your cupholder?

ViridianLoom wrote:

Lol thank you. Actually happened by accident. I fiddled around on some keyboard and my friend was listening to it while another friend told us the story and we both had the story recorded (me not even thinking about it in connection to the song) so he showed his recording to us where he was listening to our other friend speak and my song at the same time and we really thought it was funny. So I spent all night pulling the clean recording and mixing this up.

April 13, 2020 1:14 am

Whoops didn't mean to hit submit!

Gab Manette wrote:

LOL thank you. I tried not to give too much away haha. RIP phone!

Mission Crossing wrote:

This could happen to YOU. Super fun track, nice job!

Thanks for listening I'm glad you had fun, it was fun to make too!

April 13, 2020 3:18 am

Haha, this is the cautionary tale?  That’s so awesome.  Why did he have an open can of pie filling in his car?  Something tells me I’ll always check before putting my phone in the cup holder now, so thank you for your service.

April 13, 2020 3:52 am
Chrisfoo wrote:

Hahaha. You're very welcome, we've got to get the word out about pumpkin pie filling. As for why? That is the eternal question. Sure, he's offered an explanation, but I don't know if I buy it.

April 13, 2020 8:09 am
ngineer wrote:
Devieus wrote:

That'll never happen, I don't have an iPhone.

Nice sound designs.

Lol but you do have the can of pumpkin pie filling in your cupholder?

I don't like pumpkin pie, and I don't think they sell pie filling in cans here, but that's kind of secondary.

April 13, 2020 10:39 am

shit happens, but there are worse things happening. The soundscapes are brilliant. Stay healthy and secure, dude.

April 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Lol this is fucking awesome.

April 13, 2020 1:36 pm
Q-Rosh wrote:

Thanks! And no doubt. Same to you!

Jokinen wrote:

Lol this is fucking awesome.

Lol thanks Jokinen! Glad you enjoyed it

April 14, 2020 4:31 pm

LOL

April 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Was just sitting dozing off and then that huge voice made me sit right up lol. Very cool use of effects and synths to support that speech, that's a pretty cool way to get the story across. Very nice!

April 19, 2020 2:48 am
hieme wrote:

Thanks for listening. Glad you enjoyed it!