Weeklybeats 2018 was a 52 week long music project in which artists composed and publicly released 1 song a week for the entire year. Enjoy this archive of over 3,700 music compositions by over 260 artists.
Sign up or Login to give feedback or chat up on the forums.

WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / My Lady Cary's Dompe

My Lady Cary's Dompe

By Jim Wood on February 3, 2018 1:39 am

A lament (hence "Down in the dumps"). Extensive use of M4L LFOs and Device Randomizers.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
February 5, 2018 12:24 am

Grand surprise. Much better then all Moog- Play Bach stuff I know.
Kompliment mein Herr.

February 5, 2018 12:30 am
Q-Rosh wrote:

Grand surprise. Much better then all Moog- Play Bach stuff I know.
Kompliment mein Herr.

Danke sehr!

February 5, 2018 1:48 am

Really cool!

February 6, 2018 12:28 am

Nice, King Henry VIII would be proud wink ... I've been wanting to play with M4L randomizer, it's time to do so!

February 6, 2018 2:29 am

Really nice effort. 

February 6, 2018 3:07 pm

Wow nice! Sound is amazing

February 6, 2018 5:16 pm

This is really special. Like retro-futuristic? Futuro-classical music?

February 7, 2018 1:46 am
dj someguy wrote:

This is really special. Like retro-futuristic? Futuro-classical music?

Nah. There're really only 2 kinds of music. Good and bad. ::)

February 7, 2018 9:08 am

Great use of randomisation as it's very natural sounding.  Maintains further interest due to those shifts.  Gives a more performance/human element.  Great little piece of music.

February 7, 2018 3:42 pm

A lovely invention!  Fine melody, counterpoint, and modulation.

February 7, 2018 4:36 pm
rdomain wrote:

Great use of randomisation as it's very natural sounding.  Maintains further interest due to those shifts.  Gives a more performance/human element.  Great little piece of music.

Yes, Anonymous was a great composer. ::)

onezero wrote:

A lovely invention!  Fine melody, counterpoint, and modulation.

theGuen wrote:

Wow nice! Sound is amazing

CosmicCairns wrote:

Really nice effort. 

miraclemiles wrote:

Nice, King Henry VIII would be proud wink ... I've been wanting to play with M4L randomizer, it's time to do so!

LydiaPrimate wrote:

Really cool!

Thanks all!

February 7, 2018 8:36 pm

to cheer you!  lovely piece!

February 9, 2018 4:15 am

Deliciously Baroque™

Reminds me of the switched on Bach + Clockwork Orange soundtrack stuff.  Huzzah!

February 9, 2018 4:16 am

and the SNES Clue video game music!

February 9, 2018 4:13 pm
orangedrink wrote:

Deliciously Baroque™

Reminds me of the switched on Bach + Clockwork Orange soundtrack stuff.  Huzzah!

Since I've been working on versions of this piece snice 1976, makes sense. ::)

February 9, 2018 5:32 pm

Great composition.

February 10, 2018 9:11 am

Wow.... This is quite great. Such a unique juxtaposition of sounds.

February 11, 2018 11:19 am

Wonderful retro-futuristic classical music, the Device Randomizer sounds like a really neat musical tool.

February 12, 2018 2:06 am

Great! Really quirky.

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up