WeeklyBeats.com / Music / Jim Wood's music / After Days of Speculation

After Days of Speculation

By Jim Wood on March 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Plogue's Alter Ego vox Daisy singing fragments from a BBC article about Kim Jong Un's trip to China. G Major.

April 2, 2018 12:26 am

Very nice...

April 2, 2018 1:17 am

How did you do the vocals? So foreign and different. Really cool against the backing instruments. Favorite!

April 2, 2018 2:10 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Very nice...

NWSPR wrote:

Thanks! I plugged the article into Alter Ego, added a MIDI track to define pitch & rhythm, and let Daisy do her thing.

April 2, 2018 6:53 am

This is superfun and the vocals with the lyrics sound superweird in a very good way. Love this, strengelt it keeps drawing me in

April 2, 2018 7:35 am

So fun and cartoony. My favourite is the middle section, the bass line reminds me of the kind of chinese karaoke songs my parents used to sing and I love the weird/fun vibe.

April 2, 2018 11:24 am

Good vibrations. And a pretty solid song. Love it.

April 2, 2018 2:18 pm

Very sweet groove! Solid use of Alter Ego right there big_smile

April 2, 2018 7:04 pm

This is great and has a kind of island+game+pop feel to it.

The singer looks like this:

And my reaction face is this:

April 3, 2018 4:47 pm

Real good track!
I wished a bit that the flute you used for the break will pick up the melody from the voice with some variations.
What... i just now realized that this voices is completly synthesized. Masterfull use of this Plugin!

April 4, 2018 3:49 am

April 4, 2018 3:04 pm
dj someguy wrote:

The lyrics are just the straight news article, fitted to the melody line, so, yeah, pretty weird.

Avarine wrote:

Pentatonic melody. ::)

Q-Rosh wrote:

Good vibrations. And a pretty solid song. Love it.

Thank you!

April 4, 2018 3:10 pm
orangedrink wrote:

This is great and has a kind of island+game+pop feel to it.

theGuen wrote:

Real good track!

Not that masterful; all the controls are labeled in French, and I'm not very good at reading French. ::)

kaedo sevaada wrote:

Thanks for your kind comments!

April 5, 2018 2:17 am

Is this pop bliss? fantastic!

April 5, 2018 3:32 am

Like the crunchy drums and synth midway,  great job making the vocals sing, maybe this will catch Kim Jong Un’s attention, be careful he may hack into your computer

April 5, 2018 9:09 pm

In some strange way this is the perfect combination of music, feel and subject matter.

April 6, 2018 5:24 am

A super enjoyable alternate reality K-pop tune from the 4th dimension that only you could achieve.  I'd love to see a video clip to this!

April 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Ha, this is a blast. Great idea and execution. Maybe this is like what's on the radio in north korea.

April 23, 2018 2:51 am