Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting December 29th 2019 GMT each participant will have one week to upload one finished composition. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

Mór Efort

By JerwuQu on February 16, 2020 10:33 pm

Not the best singing performance, but I'll do my best to get better now during WB!

- - - -

I can't think of a text for this song
It's a mystery long known to many as songwriting
I'm forgetting what I've been taught
but at least I'll be happy when the melody finds its way home

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike (BY-NC-SA)

  • Play
  • Download
February 17, 2020 12:12 am

Gives me some serious Kettle & Secede vibes ("When Can" is an excellent album if you haven't heard it). I especially dig the short singing part at the end, nice vocal melody to accompany the arrangement. Overall, I thought it was a pretty damn good composition, albeit short. But mine was short too so who am I to judge tongue.

February 17, 2020 12:21 am

This is such a fun experiment, i love that "songwriting" gets appended in the next measure!! great singing voice dude!

February 17, 2020 1:08 am

Honestly I think the singing's great, and it's mixed in very well. Love the instruments you chose and the melody/chords have some of that nice bittersweet feeling to it. Great composition, really impressive.

February 17, 2020 1:14 am

Very cool waltz. Love how your vocals sounds.

February 17, 2020 1:23 am

Beautiful, this one really hits the spot for me.  Totally belongs in a Monster Hunter game!

February 17, 2020 9:19 am

Great selection of samples though, feels like a real good cohesion.

Next time you're looking for lyrics, look up a poem, or hit me up so I can make you a word generator.

February 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Haha I did the same lyric style this week! I loved the tones you used. Fucking awesome!

February 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Love the celtic feel. Very cool!

February 17, 2020 7:53 pm

That kind of vocal stacking is exactly what I'm aiming for with my own experiments. Great stuff. Goes very very well with the organic percussion. Great mix overall, it all fits together particularly well heart

February 17, 2020 11:22 pm

February 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Makes me want to go on an adventure! Beautiful harmonies heart

February 20, 2020 2:40 am

Very Mighty Boosh Vibed too, I'm gonna play this again now that was fun

February 21, 2020 10:00 pm
ViridianLoom wrote:

Gives me some serious Kettle & Secede vibes ("When Can" is an excellent album if you haven't heard it). I especially dig the short singing part at the end, nice vocal melody to accompany the arrangement. Overall, I thought it was a pretty damn good composition, albeit short. But mine was short too so who am I to judge tongue.

Thanks!!
I'll check the album out for sure!

Wisefire wrote:

This is such a fun experiment, i love that "songwriting" gets appended in the next measure!! great singing voice dude!

Pyure wrote:

Honestly I think the singing's great, and it's mixed in very well. Love the instruments you chose and the melody/chords have some of that nice bittersweet feeling to it. Great composition, really impressive.

djippy wrote:

Very cool waltz. Love how your vocals sounds.

Reilly Farrell wrote:

Beautiful, this one really hits the spot for me.  Totally belongs in a Monster Hunter game!

Devieus wrote:

Great selection of samples though, feels like a real good cohesion.

Next time you're looking for lyrics, look up a poem, or hit me up so I can make you a word generator.

Jokinen wrote:

Haha I did the same lyric style this week! I loved the tones you used. Fucking awesome!

danju wrote:

Love the celtic feel. Very cool!

hieme wrote:

That kind of vocal stacking is exactly what I'm aiming for with my own experiments. Great stuff. Goes very very well with the organic percussion. Great mix overall, it all fits together particularly well <3

Ipaghost wrote:

Gab Manette wrote:

Makes me want to go on an adventure! Beautiful harmonies <3

Aday wrote:

Very Mighty Boosh Vibed too, I'm gonna play this again now that was fun

Thanks so much guys! heart

Really happy the singing works — I've been hesitant to share it before yikes

As you might know, Week 3 this year was the first time for me ^^

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up