Weeklybeats is a 52 week long music project in which artists compose and publicly release 1 song a week for the entire year.
Starting January 1st 2018 GMT each participant will upload one finished composition per week. Any style of music or selection of instruments are welcomed and encouraged. Sign up or Login to get started or check our FAQ for any help or questions you may have.

PixelPuncher

By Ipaghost on January 7, 2018 11:40 pm

PixelPuncher: The Game: The Book: The Telenovela: The Movie: The Soundtrack
Available on all Interstitial Telejam units.

This submission is licensed by author under CC Attribution Noncommercial No Derivative Works (BY-NC-ND)

  • Play
  • Download
January 8, 2018 12:07 am

SICK

January 8, 2018 12:18 am

Long time no see smile Fantastic tune!!!

January 8, 2018 12:21 am

You make me smile. Pixelgodfather

January 8, 2018 12:32 am

Yesss! So good!! Admittedly, I was worried when they took the telenovela to the bigscreen - but what a great soundtrack! heart

January 8, 2018 12:35 am

I'm actually listening to other peoples' weeklybeats!

January 8, 2018 1:33 am
fivestep wrote:

SICK


Thanks!

purelygrey wrote:

Long time no see smile Fantastic tune!!!


Glad to be back!

Q-Rosh wrote:

You make me smile. Pixelgodfather


I claim no responsibility for any harm smiles may cause.

royb0t wrote:

Yesss! So good!! Admittedly, I was worried when they took the telenovela to the bigscreen - but what a great soundtrack! <3


It's true, you just can't pack all the pixels or the punches into such a short 15 hour format.

protman wrote:

I'm actually listening to other peoples' weeklybeats!


It's a slippery slope...

January 8, 2018 1:34 am

Very nice work as always.  Welcome back!

January 8, 2018 1:45 am

chippy chipity chips!

January 8, 2018 2:15 am

Music as good as ever and gif game still on point.

January 8, 2018 2:45 am

Quality!

January 8, 2018 3:16 am

Oof right in the voxels

January 8, 2018 3:23 am

back at it, killin it as always

January 8, 2018 5:29 am
CosmicCairns wrote:

Very nice work as always.  Welcome back!


You as well!

Phil Harmonic wrote:

chippy chipity chips!


E-dub wrote:

Music as good as ever and gif game still on point.


You still haven't even seen my final form.

license wrote:

Quality!


minikomi wrote:

Oof right in the voxels


There is going to be a lot more voxels where those came from!

I did a voxel challenge in October, and think I might combine them with my weeklybeats.

Parallelis wrote:

back at it, killin it as always


Thanks!

January 8, 2018 5:59 am

Cute!!!

January 8, 2018 6:22 am

Woo!  You are too amazing.  I'm a huge fan, so I'm just happy for more music from you heart

January 8, 2018 10:04 am

Man, I would have been really pissed if you didn't came back this year... Now everything is OK. I got my dose of awesome chippy funkyness

Gald you came back, Ipa!

Now let's all go code some polygons...

January 8, 2018 12:08 pm

January 8, 2018 12:19 pm

YES what a fun track. Big love.

January 8, 2018 3:16 pm

January 8, 2018 3:26 pm

Great song... and very nice chiptune sounds! Are they real hardware?

January 8, 2018 8:27 pm
tobokegao wrote:

Cute!!!


Thanks!

orangedrink wrote:

Woo!  You are too amazing.  I'm a huge fan, so I'm just happy for more music from you <3


Likewise!

laguna wrote:

Man, I would have been really pissed if you didn't came back this year... Now everything is OK. I got my dose of awesome chippy funkyness

Gald you came back, Ipa!

Now let's all go code some polygons...


Like I wouldn't come back! I miss you guys!


I_See_Drones wrote:



Simon Koehn wrote:

YES what a fun track. Big love.



Thanks!

7506 wrote:


theGuen wrote:

Great song... and very nice chiptune sounds! Are they real hardware?


This is veganbit, no vintage hardware was harmed in the making of this track. I might do some hardware stuff later this year; I usually keep it all fruityloopy for wb since it's way faster for me to have a simple pipeline. But it does lose that magic from trying to cram everything into a couple of channels! I just have to start earlier than right before the deadline!

The chip sounds are a mix of samples, snes sound fonts, vsts like massive & magical 8-bit plug, and some stuff I have made in fami tracker.
The electric bass sound is actually boobass, which I don't think get's enough love, especially from imageline. I always inadvertently try to channel Jaco with it!

January 8, 2018 11:43 pm

this is incredible

January 9, 2018 3:36 am

w00h00! IpaBack! IpaBack!  Good to hear your awesome tunes again and then see it explode into gifbows down the screen! smile  WB wouldn't be the same without ya!  *highfivuh*

January 9, 2018 5:07 am

Your tracks are so amazing and this one is no exception. You're one of the best parts about weeklybeats and I hope I can keep with it this year so it can at least serve as a reminder to come in and listen to what you've done that week heart

January 9, 2018 7:03 am

Awww yeah, so keen for another year of ipaghost tunes and gifs! Off to an amazing start (as is to be expected!!)

January 9, 2018 7:04 am

Nice and groovy

January 9, 2018 8:33 am

Hella cool

January 9, 2018 12:40 pm

Yes!! ipaGhostly beats back again!! heart  Wooooo!  Love the chords, and that cheeky bass line into the kids laughing is so super silly and fun.  Yay!

January 9, 2018 12:43 pm

Ohhh... and on voxels, my democrew has a super silly voxel demo-engine; maybe we can collab on some fun realtime stuff down the track?  :-) eg.  http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=53583 

January 9, 2018 1:24 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Just downloaded the magical 8bit plug....

January 9, 2018 6:10 pm

Super fun! Reminds me of Katamari for some reason

January 9, 2018 9:24 pm

I came for the .gifs

January 10, 2018 2:52 pm

[imghttps://media.giphy.com/media/l0Iy7hkkPipg7phwk/giphy.gif[/img]

yay fun!  i missed your beats last year & your .gifs!

January 10, 2018 2:54 pm

yay fun!  i missed your beats last year & your .gifs!

January 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Hell yeah!

January 10, 2018 5:03 pm
zork wrote:

this is incredible


Thanks!

Tone Matrix wrote:

w00h00! IpaBack! IpaBack!  Good to hear your awesome tunes again and then see it explode into gifbows down the screen! smile  WB wouldn't be the same without ya!  *highfivuh*


Glad to be back, dosing the WB crew with some gif love!

hypnogram wrote:

Your tracks are so amazing and this one is no exception. You're one of the best parts about weeklybeats and I hope I can keep with it this year so it can at least serve as a reminder to come in and listen to what you've done that week <3


Aww thanks! I'll try to not let you down then!

Martiln wrote:

Awww yeah, so keen for another year of ipaghost tunes and gifs! Off to an amazing start (as is to be expected!!)


aww yeah! keen for another year of martiln!


r2me2 wrote:

Nice and groovy


This is how I groove

RoccoW wrote:

Hella cool


Hella yeah!

cTrix wrote:

Yes!! ipaGhostly beats back again!! <3  Wooooo!  Love the chords, and that cheeky bass line into the kids laughing is so super silly and fun.  Yay!


The chords love you!

cTrix wrote:

Ohhh... and on voxels, my democrew has a super silly voxel demo-engine; maybe we can collab on some fun realtime stuff down the track?  :-) eg.  http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=53583


Hell yeah I would!

theGuen wrote:

Thanks for sharing!
Just downloaded the magical 8bit plug....


Sharing is caring!

Sepha wrote:

Super fun! Reminds me of Katamari for some reason


I get that a lot actually

Nestrogen wrote:

I came for the .gifs


This gifs come for you

kaedo sevaada wrote:

yay fun!  i missed your beats last year & your .gifs!


Woohoo!

roboctopus wrote:

Hell yeah!


Shamone!

January 10, 2018 8:01 pm

oh heck yeah

January 11, 2018 5:03 am

awww yiss, muddafuckin bassline! super groovy happy jam without being overweetened, love the stabs and lofi sounds, great work

January 11, 2018 9:11 am
Saskrotch wrote:

oh heck yeah



Aww double heck!

XC3N wrote:

awww yiss, muddafuckin bassline! super groovy happy jam without being overweetened, love the stabs and lofi sounds, great work


That's just how I roll! You don't want it underweetened either.

January 11, 2018 10:28 am

That little melody that repeats throughout and ends the song.... it *really rings a bell* ... hmm the metroid 2 surface theme! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCIH943auRA

January 11, 2018 10:29 am
Ipaghost wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

oh heck yeah



Aww double heck!

XC3N wrote:

awww yiss, muddafuckin bassline! super groovy happy jam without being overweetened, love the stabs and lofi sounds, great work


That's just how I roll! You don't want it underweetened either.


XD dat typo... SWEETENED

January 11, 2018 4:58 pm
XC3N wrote:

That little melody that repeats throughout and ends the song.... it *really rings a bell* ... hmm the metroid 2 surface theme! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCIH943auRA


Hah! Not intentional, but it sounds pretty close for sure!
I'm not pulling a lana del rey here!

January 11, 2018 10:46 pm

Punch those pixels. Punch them good!


I do not condone violence towards pixels.

January 12, 2018 1:53 am

siq.  chunky and funky.

January 12, 2018 6:59 pm

woo! I will totally be jacking into this telenovela on my Interstitial Telejam Unit!

January 13, 2018 8:44 pm
Devieus wrote:

Punch those pixels. Punch them good!


I do not condone violence towards pixels.


It's ok, they like it!

Tri Angles wrote:

siq.  chunky and funky.


miraclemiles wrote:

woo! I will totally be jacking into this telenovela on my Interstitial Telejam Unit!


Tune in and jam out!

January 14, 2018 2:44 am

sounds great! the juxtaposition between the crispy snes'ish parts and the lush chords works super well

January 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Holy shit. This is dope.

January 16, 2018 7:55 pm
Skueue wrote:

sounds great! the juxtaposition between the crispy snes'ish parts and the lush chords works super well


so crispy!

ecso wrote:

Holy shit. This is dope.



Thanks!

January 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Man, this kicks ass *and* has a real sense of humor. Love it!

January 17, 2018 1:46 am
zath wrote:

Man, this kicks ass *and* has a real sense of humor. Love it!


Just keeping it cheesy!

You need to login to leave a comment.
Login Sign-up