Melbourne, Aus

I know there's a few of us around here who primarily work on traditional instruments (though probably in unconventional ways) for our Weeklybeatz.
Any other instrumental or instrumental based composers/musicians/producers/sound artists around?

Last edited by Lyons (January 18, 2016 12:28 pm)

Schwerin I'm afraid

Lute!

In 2014 there was a flute player...

NL

In 2014 I was a ukulele player; firebeedog was a recorder player for most of their songs, but quit some way through.

Last edited by Devieus (January 18, 2016 10:23 pm)

Mega City Four

Been playing the guitar since 1984. smile

St Louis

i am mostly known for playing bass, but have played guitar much longer. didn't start til i was like 16 or 17, but been playing guitar for over 2 decades now. bass is more recent but i am better at it, i play bass kinda like a guitar with more chords and stuff than the usual bassist.

i also have a keyboard synth and can play percussion. am decent behind the kit, not the worst but not super good, intermediate at best i'd say. i can do free jazz stuff pretty well, harder for me to keep a regular beat, kind of a spazz behind the kit. been sequencing electronic music for nearly as long as playing guitar, so i'd say i'm only slightly more an instrumentalist. i played a hammond through a leslie speaker friday night and got some nice compliments about my keyboard playing, i'm starting to figure that out too. piano was my very first instrument. also have played trombone.

overall, i'm an experimentalist in whatever medium i can possibly get into, whether it's performance on instruments, in a sound studio, or doing visual art.

Pittsburgh, PA

Guitar, electric bass, various other stringed instruments (uke, mandolin, lap steel, weird one-off cigar-box things).  Lotta virtual synth action in the last several years, though.

Wisconsin, USA

Guitar/drums/vocals here!  Trying to learn piano.
Also trying to do a lot of electronic stuff (MIDINES in particular) this year in WB!

Melbourne
Lyons wrote:

I know there's a few of us around here who primarily work on traditional instruments (though probably in unconventional ways) for our Weeklybeatz.
Any other instrumental or instrumental based composers/musicians/producers/sound artists around?

I play guitar, mostly, and have a small amount of skill on piano (nothing special). I've tried drums before but never got beyond post-rock drumming (ie. lazy) or just smashing out a beat on some drum pads.. I'd love to learn drums properly though.

BTW, do you busk in Carlton? I was walking through Carlton lastnight and saw someone who looked like you playing double bass, but wasn't sure.

Melbourne, Australia

I am a former bass player. No longer play an instrument other than laptop, but write for instruments somewhat often.

Brisbane

I'm a keyboardist and drummer. I might do a completely piano-based peice one week.

Sergy, France

I do a lot of electric violin and guitar live (usually with my Gameboy backing), but also play piano, clarinet, and some ethnic instruments for fun.

I can't say I have the skill to record live instruments, so even pieces that I write for weeklybeats which should totally be played on instruments (like this week's metal piece) I do with sampled instruments.

One of these days, I should make a piece only with recorded live instruments as a challenge, but I don't think I'm ready XD

MJP

Hey again!

Trombone, banjo, keyboards (piano, accordion, organ and synthesizer, specifically), drums & percussion, bass guitar, guitar kindof. I also sing.

Spokane, WA, USA

I'll have lots of live electric guitar, some thing-percussion (bongos mostly), and body-percussion (hand claps mostly) ... would do all live drums but don't have the capabilities to record those and get the sound I want. Someday!

Wisconsin, USA

Hey instrumentalists!  My track for this week has all live instruments - drums, bass, guitar, vocals!

Melbourne, AU

A little late to the party, but: Flutey flute flute flute

Tokyo, Japan

You may not believe this, I love playing and listening Japanese Bamboo Flute(Ryuteki)....