Schwerin I'm afraid

Hey guys, I gotta tell you something. I think I have music fatigue. I mean, not making music, but listening to new music. You all make awesome music (well, maybe not all, I"m not sure that I'm even listening to you all) but I find it harder and harder to listen. I'm still going to try it, but I'm just saying, it's a lot of music. Anybody feel the same? That may be part of the reason why I'm not commenting so much. I'm sorry.

Melbourne, Australia

Yes. I hardly ever listen to new (or old) music. Not because of music fatigue though, just because I can't really be bothered and want to ENJOY listening. I go through WB each week, but that's usually it. And even then I tend to only go through my favourited folks.

Newcastle - UK

yep, i think we're all suffering with the same issues! determined to try and kick up a gear though in a week or two.  i think i just need to give my ears a rest for a little while.

Orlando, FL

what a lot of us did last time was wait until the final week and have a big spree. really felt like a festival or something hehe

York, UK

I've been pretty slack recently too. Just so much to do. Occasionally I'll have a late night headphones spree when girlfriend is asleep but not as often as I'd like.

The future

maybe we should all just quit big_smile

Newcastle - UK
Brackleforth wrote:

what a lot of us did last time was wait until the final week and have a big spree. really felt like a festival or something hehe

I love this idea.

Pittsburgh, PA

Some weeks it's easier to listen to more pieces; some weeks it's a bit harder, especially when I'm working on non-WB material.  This coming Friday, for example, I'm doing a live set performing music for belly dancers.  It's been a few years since I did one of these sets, so I've had to immerse myself in Mediterranean beats.  My primary listening at work is WB, though I don't always get through each week.  I do try to comment on everything I listen to, though. Otherwise how would you know someone listened?

(I like the idea someone had earlier in the year of making sure there were no tracks with zero comments.  I haven't been strict about it, but it's an admirable goal.)

Last edited by onezero (October 12, 2014 9:25 pm)

France
Phil Harmonic wrote:

Never. This is an awesome way to exchange and discover new artists. I've came across some really great pieces of work on here, and I'm just eager to listen to some more every week.

Newcastle - UK

i've always thought having tally system regarding how many people listened to your track would be a good idea. 

anyway, i've just uploaded my contribution for the week.  gonna get back on it and dig deep for a little more effort!

Schwerin I'm afraid
Phil Harmonic wrote:

Not what I meant... I'm just saying I'm surprised by my own reaction to so much new music.

St Louis

i never get burned out on listening to music, i'm pretty hardcore about that. i do get a little burned out on having to make a new track every week though. but it has been good for me and i am developing my skills quite a bit, like going to year long college for sound.

St Louis

i admit that i skip tracks on here if they don't captivate me within literally the first few second of the track. i don't have the time to listen to every track but i at least give each one a chance.

Melbourne, Australia
george bowles wrote:

i admit that i skip tracks on here if they don't captivate me within literally the first few second of the track. i don't have the time to listen to every track but i at least give each one a chance.

Oh yeah, I do that too.

Melbourne, Australia

There are a few of tracks of mine that I wish I could flag as 'don't listen, EVER! (rough week) or something'
Where as some I would flag as would love request for comment...

Perhaps we could all write our own tracks here, and request for comment on the ones were most interested in hearing feedback about??

I've done quite a few throw-away tracks but I've also done tracks I'm kinda happy with .... but with zero comment...
Perhaps theres others with a similar mindset.

A concentrated track-exchange program smile

Last edited by Aday (October 13, 2014 5:40 am)

NL

I'm going by the program, my program that downloads everything (almost the same as the one that downloads for the torrents), I'm currently on week 13 sorting out which songs I'll keep with me for a long time, by this rate I'm going to need a whole year listening to everything, which I guess is fine if this is going to be a once-every-other-year thing.