St Louis

...but I have no idea what to do with it. is it more for live use? I had a demo of it a decade ago and it seemed a lot more intuitive and fun. last night I tried to get it to make sound and it wouldn't do anything. I know this is a highly regarded program, but I think I need some pointers with it.

any good online tutorials or synopsis of the program? I think I had a moment of regret in buying it, since it seemed a bit obtuse and not very intuitive, and I'm already using several other programs.

Schwerin I'm afraid

how bout this

http://www.reaktortips.com/

Seattle

I was really tempted when I got the deal email too, but did a little digging and realized I may not have the time to give it the attention needed.  Looks like it'll do some amazing stuff though.  Let us know how you're feeling about it once you've dug in!

St Louis

thnx!

Last edited by george bowles (May 22, 2014 10:29 pm)

St Louis

I think it is different enough from the other programs I have already (fl studio, live, reaper) that I am not experiencing buyer's remorse as anymore. well, I kinda am, but that's more because I'm a broke ass and coulda used the money right about now. if it weren't for impulse buying, I would buy nothing ever hahaha!

this week's piece I made in reaktor and I have a feeling next week's will be too, as I learn the program.

Coastal Australia

It's a great program but it's messy to work with unfortunately.  Clunky architecture and long overdue for an update.  I try not to buy any more NI since they discontinued Kore.  That software was amazing.  Invested so much time into it.  grrrr.

You got it for a good price  smile

Kearny NJ

You know, I try to go head on with the interface and it just confuses the hell out of me. But I do really enjoy the player synths that come with it. I been loving Razor and Monark.

Chicago, IL

I picked it up too. Even if you don't learn to make your own ensembles, the user library looks amazing. Tons of synths, effects and other wacky stuff. http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co … r-library/