The Wisconsin

I created a post a while ago about inspirational artists. Almost right away I realized it was a terrible idea, because everybody on here listens to a ton of stuff every day, and there's no way I'm going to listen to every artist that everybody posts about. So, how about this. Can you post one song by one artist that you think is worth everybody hearing?

I'd suggest listening to Fortune Days by the Glitch Mob. It's just a genius song, and that's all I can say about it. It has to be one of my favorite electronic songs as of right now.

--- mod edit, title edited for clarity --- 3/3

Simi Valley, CA

Bop by Brandt Brauer Frick, either version. I prefer the version from their first album You Make Me Real, but the version for Mr. Machine is also good.

Thunder Bay ON, Canada

Yelle - Que Veux Tu (Madeon Remix)
if you dont understand french thats cool, i dont and i appreciate this song more than anything

Riverside, CA

Fucking perfection man.
John Frusciante- The Slaughter

youtube.com/watch?v=90VzKOQgmdo

USA

This feel-good tune by the Go! Team (the band that did Little Big Planet's theme Get It Together) is one of my all-time favorites. The Wrath of Marcie has a few simple chord progressions, noisy drums, and some catchy hooks (plus completely unintelligible lyrics) that reach out to me in weird, pop-influenced ways.

Melbourne, Australia

This is really, really tough. I think I'll go with "Book of Saturday" by King Crimson. If I recall, it opened my ears.

Adelaide, Australia

21st Century Schitzoid Man is the only King Crimson song you need to hear.

Also, this is mine:

Jonsi & Alex - Indian Summer

Last edited by Thursdaybloom (February 27, 2012 12:51 pm)

Russia,Podolsk(Moscow region)

ochre - Napoli

Upstate New York

if you can spare the time, this is my absolute favorite song of all time. it has been for almost 5 years.

Upstate New York

@jetkick hells yeah wrath of marcy! The Go! Team friggin rules!

Upstate New York

oh and @Dwight Davis that's one of my favorite glitch mob songs. it was actually the first song i heard by them too smile

Ciudad de México, Mx.

frank zappa - G spot tornado.

The Wisconsin

I hope nobody minds if I post again. Just, go check out Guitar Sound by Ronald Jenkees. Here's an awesome video of him playing the song live:
http://youtu.be/smE-uIljiGo

Very well.

http://youtu.be/A3wfpn3cvnw

I think everyone should listen to "Moscu esta helado" by Esplendor Geometrico. The bassline in the song is fucking sick. It might be in spansih, but this song is killer, and done with very little gear, which is awesome/impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E4yvQ1oKW8

CA, USA

I discovered the Canadian duo Lime a few years back and they've been a big influence to me.

I love the track "I Don't Wanna Loose You" from Lime's 1984 album Sensual Sensation.
The audio quality is pretty poor on YT but you can get the idea.