AU

Rad!!!  It's a shame I don't currently have enough HDD space :-P   Also have to wait for a new month to get our download cap back up.  Thanks heaps though!

NL

Torrents please, 340 might be a tad too much for one sitting.

NL

So jiffypop doesn't do this anymore for some reason, perhaps he forgot, perhaps he hates you. But I don't, which is why I made a sweet python program to get all songs and stuff it in a zip file, just like before.

Long story short, here is the torrent of week 1, I'll add week 2 once it's completed. Get them while I'm seeding and spread the joy.

Riverside, CA

I plan on doing the torrents again this year but my server's been pretty moody lately sad. I plan on getting around to fixing it soon though. (also for graphs!)

Want to post your python script? It's probably better than that crappy bash script I threw together smile

Once my server's back up I'll set a cron job for the script like I did in 2012 so we'll have an automatically generated torrent file ~1 hour after the songs go up.

NL

Sure, though it's not exactly as good as your bash script, since it doesn't make torrents, there aren't any standard libraries to do that efficiently enough; it's also not as streamlined as it can get. But overall it's a nice way of getting to know Python, and looking back at it and knowing that I wrote down every single letter gives me some sense of accomplishment.

Also here is week 2.

Edit: here is a work in progress code file, which will be slightly better.

Last edited by Devieus (January 14, 2014 10:23 am)

NL

Any updates? Otherwise, I'm going to wait for the next week before downloading the previous week, considering this site is filled with idiots who cannot adhere to a deadline, like me, except I choose to keep my homework simple.

Riverside, CA
Devieus wrote:

Any updates?

Quick rundown of my situation:
My server's at my girlfriend's house since her Internet is much better than mine.
Not sure why, but the server shuts itself off after a couple minutes. My guess is clogged vents/heatsink/fans/etc.
Cleaning it out should fix it and be very easy but I've been busy school/weebee this week.
My girlfriend is having a birthday party on Saturday so I have to help out with that.
If I'm not too hungover, I will have all Sunday to work on my server (I also want to replace Debian with FreeBSD, which I've been wanting to do for months)
I'll be back in the torrent making business for sure next week.

What I've been thinking about recently is how bad seeding on my end is. My girlfriend's Internet is good for the area, but seeding a large file to someone somewhere else in the world takes forever. In 2012 hardly anybody seeded, but I have an idea to fix that...
Every week I'll post the md5sum of that week's zip file so people can generate their own with the script and seed that way. I can also put the last week's zip file on Dropbox so people can download it faster. Sure you can grab the Dropbox one/generate your own and be done, but it'd be nice if I had help seeding past weeks' archives smile
tl;dr: SEED PLS

NL

You probably don't want to put it in dropbox, unless you got an enterprise account. The first two weeks combined are about 4gigs.

Riverside, CA
Devieus wrote:

You probably don't want to put it in dropbox, unless you got an enterprise account. The first two weeks combined are about 4gigs.

I would only put the last week's one on Dropbox.
Although I think Mega would be the better option.

NL

I have week 6 here, no week 4 or 5 (yet), I was a little late and they dropped out of the RSS, so I'm going to have to think of something clever here (my feed reader has a backup RSS file).

Week 7 will be here soon enough, 8 probably too.

Last edited by Devieus (March 1, 2014 8:44 pm)

NL

Here is week 7, here is week 8.

NL

Week 4 here, week 5 here. Something's up with week 5 though, there're two extra songs, probably removed from the site for certain rule breakings, but it'll take way too long to figure out which ones those are, so I'll leave it this way.

NL

Week 9 and 10.

berlin

cool with the torrent, i am willing to help out ... got 1-10 on my torrent list, but not week 3 ...

Last edited by TrabanT (March 16, 2014 8:14 am)

NL
TrabanT wrote:

cool with the torrent, i am willing to help out ... got 1-10 on my torrent list, but not week 3 ...

Guess I must've forgotten that one, https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/425 … ip.torrent

berlin

i am trying do download and seed ... but seems like only O N E person is uploading ... really slow thing that is