Cincinnati, Ohio

While looking through the songs and forums this week I've noticed a couple references to occult practices by some of the contributing artists.  Is there anyone out there interested in casting some spell songs?  We can talk ideas here, or email me if you're serious.  Collaborations are a possibility.  Another good possibility is taking a sentiment or concept that is agreed upon and focus each submission toward that goal.  Or its possible that I have not yet met the possibility that will happen.  We have nothing but possibilities!  AA/SB

Sydney, Australia

Spell songs? spry, would you happen to know of any resources I can take a look at for further reading? The non-practising pagan in me is curious.

The future

i noticed that there was a song that was an ode to Richard Dawkins who is a self proclaimed militant atheist. I wonder if I should send out a call for casting doubt upon believers.

Riverside, CA
Phil Harmonic wrote:

I wonder if I should send out a call for casting doubt upon believers.

I have a song I've been working on that uses a couple Christopher Hitchens samples. smile

Bloomington, IN

spry, please give me a few references so I can understand what you are talking about.  I have a background in Hermetic studies.

Cincinnati, Ohio

I am versed in many types of occult practice and can pick up new paradigms if you have one you like to use.  I am comfortable with using atheistic or theistic foundations.  The paradigms I am familiar with include Hermetic, Enochian, Golden Dawn, Postmodern, Apophenia, Sacred Geometry, Tarot, Kabalah/Talmud, Runes, Wicca/Druidic, Yoga (Raja and associated schools), Zen, I Ching, Tao, Western Metaphysical Philosophy, New Age Psychism, Quantum Mind, and Abrahamic Theology (JHVH, Christ, The Prophet). 

As far as "spell songs" go there isn't a good reference for that specifically (that I know of), but basically any song in which you embed a directed intention can be a "spell song".  We could use any or no existing paradigm as a starting point depending on what people are comfortable with.  It could be simple as agreeing on a directed intention to keep in mind while writing a song or as complicated as invoking the guardians of the elements, hours and directions in sigil(s), and performing proper rights and sealing over your instruments before and after you use them etc.  I'm down for anything (serious, not serious, sacred or profane) that doesn't advance the global domination agenda.  Whatever is done in whatever way is decided, it is always more powerful in pairs or groups, hence my appeal to the community smile

Reading Suggestions:

For those looking for a good introduction and study tool for Magical practice in the modern age, I suggest the book "Postmodern Magic: The Art of Magic in the Information Age" 
http://www.amazon.com/Postmodern-Magic- … 0738706639

A wonderful book which is very easy to digest and understand on developing the latent Psychic abilities that we all possess (full disclosure, my mother wrote it) is "Basic Psychic Development: A Users Guide to Auras, Chakras & Clairvoyance" 
http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Psychic-Dev … 1578630231

Anyone looking to dive a little deeper into the math, geometry, physics and metaphysics of magic/mind phenomena should take a look at these two books
"A Beginners Guide to Constructing the Universe: A Voyage from 1 to 10"
http://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-C … 0060926716
and "The Apophenion: A Chaos Magic Paradigm"
http://www.amazon.com/Apophenion-chaos- … gy_b_img_c

And anyone wanting their mind completely blown apart and their world view drastically redefined, you need to read "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life" Volumes 1 and 2.
http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Secret-Fl … 1891824171
http://www.amazon.com/Ancient-Secret-Fl … 89182421X/

Phil Harmonic wrote:

i noticed that there was a song that was an ode to Richard Dawkins who is a self proclaimed militant atheist. I wonder if I should send out a call for casting doubt upon believers.

Not a terrible idea, but if I were to be a part of this I would phrase it in the positive as "opening the listeners mind from a ingrained ideology to the world of possibilities" or something like that.  You game to blow open some bunkered-up brains? *_*

Scott Kellogg wrote:

spry, please give me a few references so I can understand what you are talking about.  I have a background in Hermetic studies.

If you know Hermeticism, perhaps you would be interested in a thematic challenge to put the Hermetic principle "As Above - So Below" into a song.  I would love to talk with you about doing something like this either here or email me!

Anyone else with ideas, comments, questions, complaints, or compliments don't be shy!  This is a brainstorming area and I'd be willing to try lots of ideas, simple, complex, sane, crazy and all.

St Louis

I tend to conjure my material out of thin air, but I have no idea how that would be quantified in an occult sense. the ones that you listed that appeal to me are zen, i-ching, and taoism. I just got a book on i-ching, and this is a pretty common "occult" practice, so maybe that would be a way to go. plus it would get me to start reading the book tongue

St Louis

I also do some reading on western quantum physics, which means I could be interested in the metaphysics.

Cincinnati, Ohio

george, please email me your favorite koan or passage and well conjure a song(s?) out of it!

Last edited by spry (January 11, 2012 12:38 am)

Bloomington, IN

What a trip.  I've already 3 of the 4 references in my library.  I'll check out the Postmodern magick book.  I wonder if it's anything like Chaos Magick.  That book was pretty cool.  I don't do ritual in any formal sense, but I do meditate and focus intention when I'm working.  I often pull one tarot card and use that as a signpost for the energy of a particular part, pattern, or piece.

Adelaide, Australia

areyouawizard.jpg

Cincinnati, Ohio

scott: it is a lot like chaos magic and draws on it.  it throws some golden dawn in there too and simplifies it down to the level where its approachable from many perspectives.  im glad you already have the other books!  would you be interested in writing some songs using the tarot?  email me!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Thursdaybloom wrote:

areyouawizard.jpg

im kinda disappointed thats not a real picture :'(

EDIT: wow, i had no idea.. guess i should catch up on my memes

Last edited by spry (January 12, 2012 4:17 am)

St Louis

koan sent. let's each do a piece based on the koan, then remix. after the piece is finished we can talk about how to go about remixing the pieces. until then meditate on the koan til next week, then execute.

Cincinnati, Ohio
george bowles wrote:

koan sent. let's each do a piece based on the koan, then remix. after the piece is finished we can talk about how to go about remixing the pieces. until then meditate on the koan til next week, then execute.

ooooh and its a good one too big_smile cant wait!

NSW
Thursdaybloom wrote:

areyouawizard.jpg

rofl.