Melbourne, Australia

Happy to help refinance this subscription...
LANDR has saved me a few hours for 'its done' piece of mind from time to time or getting me out of a bind with finishing something

SF/CA/USA

Yooo I’m definitely doing this again so if anyone wants in msg/email me and I’ll let everyone know what we net out to per head ^^

Melbourne aus

I'm down to join not playing for it solo again if I can share this year

Miami, FL

Are we renewing the account for 2021?  If so how many do we have?  I'd def be down.

Montreal

I'm down too

Berlin

how much better or worse is this compared to, lets say the ozone8 AI algorhythm?

Berlin
starpause wrote:

responses range from "mastering is so simple that i wouldn't pay anyone or a bot to do it, just throw a limiter on there and turn up your volume" to "mastering is such a complex art that there's no way a bot could do it." i'm somewhere in the middle, i think that mastering is a simple enough task that it's feasible to train a bot to do a good job.

my 5 cents:

for me the way i look at mastering has changed in the past years.

it was always crucial for me to get the best mastering and i did spend an awful lot of cash on it.

but since computers got so powerful recently, and because of that the quality of plug ins are way better than 10 years ago, my approach changed.

my ears are well trained by now, plus i have very nice speakers and a decent room.
so, most of the things that had to be "fixed" in mastering are now part of my mixing process.

that said, mastering mainly became an technical issue for me at this point. but... for example, you need to know a lot about the process of vinyl cutting to make a good master.

so, for everyday uses, like weekly, i'm fine to just slap it into ozone8 and make some
additional tweaks. for "real" releases like on vinyl, or special purposes like club music or cinema, i still prefer to give my tracks to a decent mastering studio.