SF/CA/USA

Anyone interested in going in on LANDR? That site that has AI master your tracks and does online distro too. I know it's easy to hate because mastering is an art and ROBOTS CAN'T MAKE ART... or can they?

Their pro plan is unlimited everything and seems like it was set up for labels so it would make sense to go in together if anyone is interested in dinking around with it. Could do a month off the bat and see how it goes before plunging in for anything longer term.

I'm not going to find anyone to master my tracks on the weeklybeats schedule and tossing a mix I'm happy with at an impartial robot seems just as legit as shoveling my own isht through FinalTouch (what I did in 2016) or any other easy one stop mastering tools. and I heard it's not good to master your own music anyway wink

Anyway, that's how I did my track this week and while the first time I tried LANDR I wasn't a fan, it did a fine job on this weeky jyam. Listened on a few pairs of favorite headphones, my genelec monitors, ue boom 2, macbook, shit pc speakers with sub... everything but the club! And wasn't left wanting or hit with any surprises across the board.

Overall really looking forward to the year and carving myself time to bang out beats!

Melbourne, Australia

I just ran my first week though it, it lifted the bass a little ... and gave me a sense of 'its done'
I would like to run a few more of my tracks though it and try to understand what it does using some sounds I am pretty familiar with (i.e LSDJ, some hardware I own etc)

I'm happy with my first attempt at it though, since I usually just use ozone anyway ...

London

I've used Landr for pretty much every WB so far, I'm a fan. I know there are a whole bunch of sonic arguments about quality and how treats different parts but I'm not as fussed about that and focus on other parts of production. So I'm in.

SF/CA/USA

Robroy, cool, lets see how much steam this picks up over the week. I can admin it (handle the purchase and distribution of login credentials, distribution of cut charge) if no one else steps up cool

Aday, yeah, I was thinking of making a few more test accounts with different email addresses to shove more material through. Keep me posted on how your tests go!

Melbourne

Hey I'm interested in getting involved in this. Are you thinking we'd split the cost between everyone who wants in?

SF/CA/USA

Avarine, yeah exactly!

PM me your email address and I'll get everyone on a thread for splitting up the cost (and profits if we are that lucky?!)

A few people have asked so:

Licensing stays with the original artist

Publishing/Distribution is not mandatory, but there whenever you feel like it. For each release you can fill in different artist information, record label, art, etc.

If we wind up striking gold with a chart topping hit (or everyone makes a WB LANDR spotify playlist running overnight) we will split the profits evenly. I ran mp3death, hexawe labels before and am running CODAME ART+TECH now where we split profits from our shows up between artists... so hopefully I'm trustworthy enough not to turn our MASSIVE GAINS into happy meals wink

Montreal

I'm interested too.

LANDR did the mastering on my last album, their algorithm sound a lot better than it use too.

The future

Im down to throw down a 20 if we're doing a wb label thing wink

New Zealand

Oh wow, it lifted my track up a lot. I'm interested!

berlin, germany

ay

Ottawa, ON, Canada

ay

SF/CA/USA

Ok cool! So we have 12 right now including maybes and JerwuQu found a 25% off coupon so we're looking at ~18 a head for the year :]

When you contact me please provide your paypal email, which I'll use to send a note out on Friday the 12th to verify the people who have expresed interest are in and let everyone know what the final amount worked out to. But rad that we already got it under $20!

SF/CA/USA

ohai cfurrow, make that ~17 wink

Montreal

Sign me up smile

The future
starpause wrote:

Ok cool! So we have 12 right now including maybes and JerwuQu found a 25% off coupon so we're looking at ~18 a head for the year :]

When you contact me please provide your paypal email, which I'll use to send a note out on Friday the 12th to verify the people who have expresed interest are in and let everyone know what the final amount worked out to. But rad that we already got it under $20!

hmm. i tried emailing you from the WB site but it didnt appear to do anything when i hit submit. not sure if it's a bug or if you just have emailing turned off.

SF/CA/USA

Phil, Gab, got you two! The weeklybeats email screen doesn't provide much feedback but the messages did come through!

14usd a head atm :]