Melbourne, Australia

Hey Future 2020!

So with 14 days to go before WB2020 kicks into gear, Does anyone have any WeeklyBeat goals this year for creating Music? ie, Goals/Aims/conditions self imposed and so on?
(Aside from just doing it within a week of course!)

Mine I think so far is I aim to release more source files, ie
*.xnrs - Renoise Files
*.rpp - Reaper Sessions with Waves (Although, unlikely, but maybe, but this will be hard and files might be too big)
*.* other source if applicable

- I think this will help me to get into the practice of keeping my workflows and File/Folder structures more uhh STRUCTURED! (To Prevent my fileserver from even more sprawl) (right now, everythings very 'new folder 1' 'new folder 2' 'wtf is this noise.wav' etc

- Video (#WeeklyVids) (https://weeklybeats.com/forums/topic/5701/weeklyvids/) !
(Occasionally at least, weekly is a bit too hard......!)

- Hoping to work on some material for the collaboration 'algorave project' I've got going with @Lysdexic_, (aka, error diffusion) -- so algorave stuff! (AI/Machine Learning experiments /generative stuff)...evil pentagrams and dark music and textures annnnnnnd so on..

Alright, Cool, I think that's it from me, soooo what's your plans WeeklyBeats Folks?
Would love to hear em!

~ Aday

Last edited by Aday (December 17, 2019 10:22 am)

Adelaide, Australia

At least one track a month

NYC
Judgement wrote:

At least one track a month

I felt this XD

My goal is to dip into and explore other ways of making music and tunes and experimenting with DAWS and maybe keep up with LSDJ a bit

Linköping, Sweden

Aside from trying to complete this year as well, I hope to create more collabs with my pal.

Perhaps giving Renoise a try (as opposed to the usual FL) would be nice as well. I think WB is a good opportunity for experimentation.

Montreal

It is gonna be tough... Full time working day job, dad of 2 kids (3 and 8 years old) drumming in a band (and we want to release an album in 2020, some of the tracks are already recorded but will have to put some work into that as well). But a friend of mine did 2018 challenge and he did release some great content. This gave me motivation to try. I want to compose as well even if I am a drummer, so I'll try to release something every weeks.

Melbourne aus

Get good. But in all seriousness make improvements and juggle weekly beats are relationship with friends and my parents.

Try some new types of music and just have fun

NL

Do as little work as possible.

Wisconsin, USA

- learn and apply some music theory
- more trumpet
- keep more detailed production notes
- learn Ozone for mastering
- get better at drums & recording drums
- learn more about Digitakt, mGB, Arturia Keystep, LSDJ, Nanoloop
- listen and leave comments consistently
- don't wait until the last minute [???]

chicago, il, usa

In WB2018, I challenged myself to make a short video clip for each WB track to post to Instagram (60sec or less). This was to get more comfortable with video editing in Premiere primarily, but also have a good stash of assets for live visuals (which did come in handy a few times).

For WB2020, I'd like to learn more with creating visuals from scratch with programs like After Effects, Resolume (which I love but don't do much generative stuff), even Unreal - small goal of make a VJ loop or clip as I explore those apps hopefully related/inspired by the WB audio. I thiiink I might still do a 60sec Instagram video clip for each track too, since that was a lot of fun and I feel way more comfortable with Premiere now. 

For the audio specifically though - the TOUGHEST part about weeklybeats for me has been how easy it is to justify buying more VSTs, haha! So to try to combat that, I want explore the tools I have to know them more. Dig into the menus, make and save patches/presets, watch tutorials then go in another direction as I twist a knob a different way than they suggest, hah. I genuinely hope by December 2020 I haven't bought a dozen more plugins. But if I fail that particular self-imposed challenge... that's OK too (hah).

Adelaide, Australia
royb0t wrote:

For WB2020, I'd like to learn more with creating visuals from scratch with programs like After Effects, Resolume (which I love but don't do much generative stuff), even Unreal - small goal of make a VJ loop or clip as I explore those apps hopefully related/inspired by the WB audio.

Wow, you're right, this is a great opportunity to get stuck into the VFX graph in Unity!

Montreal
djippy wrote:

It is gonna be tough... Full time working day job, dad of 2 kids (3 and 8 years old) drumming in a band (and we want to release an album in 2020, some of the tracks are already recorded but will have to put some work into that as well). But a friend of mine did 2018 challenge and he did release some great content. This gave me motivation to try. I want to compose as well even if I am a drummer, so I'll try to release something every weeks.

Welcome aboard djippy! big_smile

Chicago, Il
djippy wrote:

I feel ya with the full time work and 2 kids. Try having them be incorporated into the tunes!

Oklahoma City, OK, USA

I’m going to not go through a separation/divorce and not buy a business that will fail and ultimately lose me $60K. And maybe without that stress, pain, and depression, I’ll actually be able to stick with it for a full year.

Karachi, Pakistan

I've been playing guitar and experimenting with music for years, but I've never done anything with music felt like *a track* or something resembling a composition. I think it's mostly due to fear, high expectations, and self-critique. Wish to overcome that this year.

Hi guys I'm Dj Hilow!!!
Goals for 2020
1.I must make $80,000 to $150,000 from music(I made my first $50 yesterday selling a lease for a track).
2. I must upload AT LEAST a song a week, and it needs to be going out of my comfort zone and improving on the last one.
3. I must experiment and streamline my producing of tracks.
4. I must aim for 3 - 4 completed songs a week.

Songs to make
I must make one song in TRAP
I must make one song in EDM
I must make one song in POP
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE
search --> Dj HILOW (I will be uploading on here and on youtube)

Last edited by Djhilow (December 29, 2019 3:48 am)

NL
Djhilow wrote:

Hi guys I'm Dj Hilow!!!
Goals for 2020
1.I must make $80,000 to $150,000 from music(I made my first $50 yesterday selling a lease for a track).
2. I must upload AT LEAST a song a week, and it needs to be going out of my comfort zone and improving on the last one.
3. I must experiment and streamline my producing of tracks.
4. I must aim for 3 - 4 completed songs a week.

Songs to make
I must make one song in TRAP
I must make one song in EDM
I must make one song in POP
FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE
search --> Dj HILOW (I will be uploading on here and on youtube)

So are you going to put all these songs into one track, or are you going to use multiple accounts?