Cincinnati, Ohio

So I can only assume that as per tradition and ceremony, weeklybeats will be taking a break in 2019.  As such are there any plans for another round in 2020? big_smile big_smile

This project has been an inspiration to me over the years.  I have been very fortunate to have been able to participate and push myself to completing the year for 4 runs now and I would maybe like to look forward to doing it again if my life circumstances will allow it once more.  Maybe some of you feel the same? 

It might also be nice to promote it somehow ahead of the start of next term because I know it could offer a lot to musicians everywhere.  Just some thoughts on what has been a really positive experience in my life for 7 now going on 8 years. 

Huge thanks to the mods and webmasters of the site for making this happen!  ^^'

germany

yeah, thanks to everybody involved mods, webmasters and musicians!
i will miss this.
hope WB will be back in 2020!

Edmond, Oklahoma

I hope so too. I have enjoyed this year.

Tasmania

I concur. I have learned more about production and my own road blocks since WB2012 and enjoy it every year we come back for more. I'd be down for 2020 (as per my last WeeklyBeat if anyone cares to listen! the vocals are literally "Just another week, just another beat, see you all in 2020.")

I was reading over my WB2012/2014/2016 posts and tracks / comments and it's like a blog of my life. I became a father during WB. I learned how to enjoy my job and stop getting stuck on music projects that had to be "perfect" so I could push that energy onto the next track rather than getting deflated stuck on an old one. I've had music in TV shows, a movie, and even joined the GoldenEye: Source team as a music producer/remixer all thanks to the confidence (and music) WeeklyBeats has enabled me to produce. I got married. I moved house twice. I picked up guitar for the first time in 2014 and have never looked back. It's such a time capsule!

WB is a fantastic community and we really should try and keep some sort of hub in the form of a Facebook group where we can all post our new tracks / EPs / ideas, seek out potential collabs etc. I recently joined a Propellerhead Reason Users group and the tips and tricks people post has helped me gain so many little know hows in the last 3 months so I can just imagine what a WeeklyBeats community fuelled group would be like!

See you all in 2020 smile I'll be working on a few things in 2019 though so keep an eye out on my bandcamp, spotify etc!

Last edited by Tweaklab (January 3, 2019 8:57 am)

FL

Wanted to echo, that 2018 was really good for me to have this. it was the first year I actually completed, which feels great. I learned a lot too.

Thanks everyone for doing this.

Tacoma WA

i can't wait.  2018 was fun and i felt like i kind of found some footing i was missing

NL

Count on it.

it should be fun to hear how everyone evolved by next year. bring your "A" game cos im still creating, as to hope wish and encourage others to also. down to collab on tracks in the mean time, coolsa holler at me dude!

Montreal

My body is ready

Melbourne aus

Definitely ready for 2020. Always feel so unpleased with my effort on off years from weeklybeats but the support and friends I've made from this community I feel I can push though even the hardest of writers blocks while doing weeklybeats. heart

NL
CatchinAshes wrote:

Definitely ready for 2020. Always feel so unpleased with my effort on off years from weeklybeats but the support and friends I've made from this community I feel I can push though even the hardest of writers blocks while doing weeklybeats. heart

It's not so bad, it'll give one time for other hobbies.

Melbourne aus
Devieus wrote:
CatchinAshes wrote:

It's not so bad, it'll give one time for other hobbies.

Yeah I guess if I look at what I'm managing too do though this year. With a month off over in America. Not worrying about weekly deadline has been nice but have missed them in a weird way.

Last edited by CatchinAshes (September 22, 2019 12:17 pm)

Cincinnati, Ohio

aaayyyy yo we doin this?

Montreal

My mind, my body and my soul are ready to go!

St Louis

2020 coming in hot

netherlands

let's go!! im excited to give it a proper shot this year