Las Vegas

Rad to hear from someone who's already been at LANDR. I was all FinalTouch last year and found the same... after mastering, I wasn't happy with the mix, and had to go back and tweak things... so I don't think that's particular to LANDR. Although maybe there is more of that with the approch of one stop mastering software than with the slap a limiter on it and crank the gain approach. Since limiter+gain will be adding the least color of those approaches.

Did you find your mixes got any better or you had less back and forth as time went on? or was it a random crap shoot every week? Were you using the low/mid/high setting?

It seems like my first mix always sucks no matter what.  But there does seem to be a bit of a random crap shoot element to it.  Sometimes I swear I'll tweak until I'm blue in the face and can't seem to get a mix I'm happy with and sometimes after a couple tries I'll at least get something I can live with even if I might still have some minor nitpicks. I've played around with the different low/mid/high settings a bit and sometimes I think mid sounds better and sometimes I think high sounds better.  I also think ear fatigue starts to set in after awhile when you do a lot of tweaking and you really start to lose your sense of what sounds good at all, so I do recommend coming back at it again on another day, if you have the time what with those harsh WeeklyBeats deadlines and everything.  smile

Hollywood, Florida

Hey, is it too late to go in on this?  I'm def interested.

SF/CA/USA
CosmicCairns wrote:

sometimes I think mid sounds better and sometimes I think high sounds better. I also think ear fatigue starts to set in after awhile

Ear fatique is real for sure. So is what you think a song sounds like, your brain fills things in... one of the reasons it's so hard to master your own stuff without going entirely scientific.

Funny, high is brutally smashed to my ears, feels like the option they stuck in for people who are always requesting LOUDER (MAKETHELOGOBIGGER)

Medium was my happy place where mix deficiencies were smoothed over so that everything was decently audiable but there were still some dynamics left for weight and emphesis, things had room to breathe.

Light was the most expressive but also if I went with it I would have had to gone back and tweak the mix further... like if my mix was right on then ligh would be perfect.

Gotchu!

Last call! Down to 9.79usd

Montreal

starpause, thanks again for organizing and setting this up. I just gave my track a quick go through the Light setting and it did wonders smile

SF/CA/USA
Gab Manette wrote:

starpause, thanks again for organizing and setting this up. I just gave my track a quick go through the Light setting and it did wonders smile

Nice one! I had to upload my track 3 times... first time I realized I hadn't deleted all the crap apendix sketchpad stuff off the end, 2nd time I realized I'd effed the muting in a few parts so the composition was wrong, third time it was actually the track I wanted to master and medium sounded fine so I ran with it tongue

SF/CA/USA
XC3N wrote:

!

underground Luau wrote:

!

Robroy wrote:

!

didn't get your paypal addies but had you in the calculation, hit me up!

Warshington

Oh crap I missed this. Is it too late?

Seattle, Washington, U.S.

I am likewise interested, but figure I'm too late haha. Please let me know if there's room for one more smile

SF/CA/USA
license wrote:

too late?

zath wrote:

too late?

not too late! email sent to both of you

Spokane, WA, USA

ay - interested and emailed ...
cheers!

The future

i think LANDR ruined my track. like 2 people commented this week haha

SF/CA/USA
Phil Harmonic wrote:

i think LANDR ruined my track. like 2 people commented this week haha

i haven't listened this week yet

thiiiink i followed up with everyone in the thread, again, just email me your paypal address and interest if i somehow skipped...

Melbourne

I've got a lot out of landr this year, even though my weeklybeats tracks have stopped. Do you think we can keep the yearly account going? I'll happily put in some money if enough people want to continue it.

Montreal
0F wrote:

I've got a lot out of landr this year, even though my weeklybeats tracks have stopped. Do you think we can keep the yearly account going? I'll happily put in some money if enough people want to continue it.

I'd be down as well to keep it going on the off year, count me in if this happens!

Montreal

I'm down too if enough people continue!

SF/CA/USA

I'll re-up us.

Curious to hear everyone's impressions after the year. I used medium all the time and would re-do my mixes if I didn't quite like how it sounded. Typically that would be 2 or 3 mix attempts but some were more and some were nailed off the bat. That round trip would have been more timely if I was master on iPad (was doing gadget all year) but idk I still enjoy the robot mastering my music smile