Plymouth, UK

Who / what decides the tracks being featured?

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious :)

Last edited by 2xAA (January 12, 2016 12:56 pm)

Los Angeles

It's either featured by mod staff, which this year is pretty much almost nonexistent. We'd feature tracks that have obviously been really good apparent accomplishments. Otherwise, as this year has been so far, it's statistical automated averages based on views compared to comments and bookmarks, same as CMO. smile

Finland
Trash80 wrote:

based on views compared to comments and bookmarks.

Anyway to see these stats?

Newcastle - UK

... where is this featured music thing??

Mega City Four

It's a filter under Music.

Pacific

my shit should be featured

St Louis

the best thing i've learned from this is that there is a filter for "music you haven't listened to yet" very useful!

Santa Fe, NM
george bowles wrote:

the best thing i've learned from this is that there is a filter for "music you haven't listened to yet" very useful!

It's the only way I can keep track.

Finland

I would like a filter:  Music that nobody have listened yet.

Pweter City
george bowles wrote:

Aswell as artists youve favorited !

Los Angeles
BOULDER D4SH wrote:

I would like a filter:  Music that nobody have listened yet.

Now that's a great idea. "Music nobody noticed" haha. +1

St Louis
Mr Mort wrote:
george bowles wrote:

Aswell as artists youve favorited !

heh, this one doesn't work for me since i haven't favorited anything since maybe the first year. i guess i could check lol.

Newcastle - UK

maybe music that has received no comments yet?

Mega City Four
home taping association wrote:

maybe music that has received no comments yet?

Easy, just press "Replies" twice to sort by number of comments increasing.

Massachusetts

Anyone here do Ludum Dare before? They have a nice ranking criteria that they call "Coolness" that is a ratio of Comments on others vs. Comments received. Not sure what the exact formula is, but basically if you leave more comments on other songs, but don't receive comments, your featured-ness goes higher and higher.

The end effect is that the person who leaves a lot of comments for others, but doesn't have many comments themselves will be featured and will thus be exposed for more commenters who are looking for songs to listen to.

I like the system because it greatly encourages someone to listen and review on other people's tracks. The more reviewing they do, the bigger chance they'll get comments in return.

Newcastle - UK

+1 for arcana