St Louis
Arcana wrote:

Anyone here do Ludum Dare before? They have a nice ranking criteria that they call "Coolness" that is a ratio of Comments on others vs. Comments received. Not sure what the exact formula is, but basically if you leave more comments on other songs, but don't receive comments, your featured-ness goes higher and higher.

The end effect is that the person who leaves a lot of comments for others, but doesn't have many comments themselves will be featured and will thus be exposed for more commenters who are looking for songs to listen to.

I like the system because it greatly encourages someone to listen and review on other people's tracks. The more reviewing they do, the bigger chance they'll get comments in return.

that sounds like a cool way to do it, what is the dare?

Massachusetts

Ludum Dare is 48-hour video game-making competition that appends around 4 times a year. http://ludumdare.com/

Last edited by Arcana (January 29, 2016 5:26 am)

Adelaide, Australia

Honestly, I think that sort of thing happens naturally anyway. Aside from generally excellent tracks, those who have left more comments tend to receive more comments as well. I'm assuming this is due to people clicking through to artists from comments left on their track and 'returning the favour'.

What this generally means is that people that leave a lot of comments will tend to get featured.

No hard data on it, just my observations, so take that with a grain of salt.